“Great place to stay for convention center activities”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
Ranked #97 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel is very convenient to the Convention Center, about 5 minutes walking if that. Not only that, it is small enough that you can have more personal service than the huge convention hotels. Room was comfortable and clean, people were friendly and helpful, and the elevators were fast. Breakfast was fast and pretty good, but a little pricey. Check-in and check-out was easy, no problems. They have ice water and lemonade throughout the day, and fresh cookies and apples available at the front desk. Don't expect a room with a view, though. May be too far to walk to French Quarter for some people.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear stweaver,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. We appreciate your expressions of satisfaction through the review you completed. Thank you for letting us know we met your expectations.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Again, thank you for your comments, they are important to us. Should you have any additional comments that you would like to share with us, please do so by phone, mail, or e-mail.

Mark Allaf

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed June 27, 2011

More reasonable in price than nearby hotels. They let me check in early.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear merrills,

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have stayed there for a couple of nights and noticed that, despite that the hotel was literaly packed up with people, the receptionists were very friendly and helpfull and gave great suggestions for restaurants and shopping places. And the breakfast was quite good...

I would gladly recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear hkk75,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else. We hope you will think of our hospitality with appreciation and pleasure for a long time to come, and will remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center Hotel for any future travel plans.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

The friendly staff was out of this world. They must all love their jobs because I've never seen people so happy to help. Whether it was a bandaid for my blisters, advice for great local food or getting our bags to the car...they were great! I would stay here again, every time!

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a "home away from home" for our guests. Thank you very much for your kind words, and I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at this facility from 6/5/2011 to 6/9/2011. From the time we arrived to the time we left the staff was more than accomadating. Everyone was very friendly and competant. the only flaw was a noise that appeared to come from the floors above us that sounded like laundry carts being rolled around. Annoying but not too bad. The restaurant was excellant, the quality of the food was excellant, and the price was as appropriate for the type of hotel . We would definitly satay there again if we go back to New Orleans

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear beetle32637,

Thank you very much for your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, and we appreciate your expressions of satisfaction. Nothing pleases us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won't find anywhere else.

We truly value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I gad to go to New Orleans to help an old friend whose wife is gravely ill. The trip was arranged in a hurry and since I have Hilton Honors, I looked for an affiliated hotel that was reasonable and selected the Hilton Garden In at the Convention Center, The room was very nice and the free WiFi was very helpful. But what impressed me the most was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. From the desk personnel to the wait staff and the cleaning people, they were nice, friendly and seemed to really like their work and their guests. My only complaint was how expensive valet parking was. So, if you don't need a car and your stay in New Orleans calls for a hotel near the Convention Center, I heartily recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for one of teh rooms with the adjustable bed
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Dear PaulR21212,

Reviewed June 10, 2011

My experience was very good until I got a fly in my salad! =(
Unacceptable.....

1  Thank stern94
HiltonGardenInnCCGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Dear stern94,

On behalf of everyone at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the New Orleans area. We strive to build a “home away from home” for our guests. I hope you received a taste of this experience during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. The review offers us an opportunity to take a look at what we are doing well, and what we can do to better meet the needs of our guests. Our personal goal is to always receive 5 ratings. You indicated in the review that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I want to offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. Everyone from the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, F&B, and management seriously take into consideration your comments. It is our pleasure to meet the needs of our guests, so please always feel comfortable letting any staff member know of concerns you may have during a stay.

I truly apologize for the low quality of the restaurant food when you ate at the Great American Grill. I assure you this is not a normal occurance. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center will be going through a full renovation later this year. This will include everything in the guest rooms, hallways, lobby, and restaurant. I truly hope you will choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center on your next visit to New Orleans.

Nothing would please us more than to have loyal guests, like yourself, tell us your visit was memorable. We pride ourselves on making pleasant memories through little touches you won’t find anywhere else. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our hospitality, and how much we appreciate you as a valuable guest. Please remember the Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center for any future travel plans, and do not hesitate letting me know if I can be of service to you.