“Decent”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #148 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a recent trip to NOLA. Rooms were clean and decent but smelled a bit like smoke in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank britishish
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed October 24, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! My husband and I stayed from out of town to visit his family. We were out of our room for 12 minutes by foot and we were robbed. Our room was gotten into (not forcibly) and my laptop computer, digital camera, and my husband's watches were stolen. The management would not help us or call the police. It is not a place for vacationers.

Room Tip: choose a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
49  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed August 17, 2011

When I arrived @ the hotel it was Great!!! It took the guy who checked me in a little minute to get it together as if he didn't know what he was doing. I got to the room and it was very nice!!! I would stay again @ this location. The only thing that was a problem was when I requested a 2pm checkout(since I am a Choice Priviledge member) the guy @ the desk told me that they didnt honor it and I had to checkout @ 11. So when I talked to the manager he allowed me to have the 2pm checkout. If I needed anything the Staff was wonderful esp the housekeepers. I enjoyed my stay here!!! Keep up the great work!! The only thing they missing is a POOL!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
30  Thank lafrenchierobinson
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Entire room smelled like three year old spoiled cheese. Floors so grimy, I refused to walk anywhere without shoes. Linen damp and dirty as if not changed in a while. Towels contained pubic hair. Service was horrible; front desk clerk was very unpleasant and cold. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy or an animal. Worst place ever stayed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
36  Thank Roonasmom
Reviewed February 19, 2010

i would not recommend anybody to stay there the staff there the daytime manager in particular was rude and not resonable and appeared to not know what they were doing as far as handling business transactions

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank nyjones
Reviewed November 22, 2004

23Nov04 We just enjoyed a great stay and cruise (Norwegian Dream) in New Orleans and would like to tell you about the EconoLodge (Chef Menteur Hy). This is a ways out from the French Quarter and we rode buses to and fro all over the city. We had a large king room and met great folks there that helped us get oriented to "The Big Easy." Room had micro and fridge, no-smoking, lots more for $45.59 a night and double frequent stay stamps. (Our 5 night stay got us $50.00 off our next stay at any EconoLodge.) This is the way to see New Orleans. PS: Bus/Trolley fare is $.40, with free transfers. for seniors... great!! Parking in the French Quarter can be $8.00 an HOUR! Enjoy!

4  Thank jeskaa1
Reviewed August 22, 2003

There's nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was fine for us. We weren't planning to spend much timehere anyhow. It's on the opposite side of the River from the French Quarter, but there is a ferrythat takes you across the Mississippi and the hotel has a van that takes you to the ferry every hour. But to be picked up, we found out you have to call in advance to let them know. We did not know this at first. The first couple times was no problem since the van came for other guests who must have known you need to call, but until we found that out, one night we sat for over2 hours for it to come, once we did call we still had to wait until the designated time. Once we learned that though it was no problem. Also, though the area the hotel is in is not the best, nor is the area where the ferry is. I did not feel totally at ease waiting for the van to get back to the hotel at night. Also, the ferry only runs until a designated time and not that late really. Maybe 10 or 10:30, not sure. Therefore if you want to stay late in the French Quarter the ferry is not a viable option. Driving and parking is out of the question.

The staff at the front desk was ready to help and we were able to have them arrange one of the many swamp tours for us. The rates were extremely reasonable, but next time we come to New Orleans, we plan to stay in or nearthe French Quarter. It's worth it to pay more and just be footsteps from where the action and attractions are. You could definitely do worse in hotels, but then again you could definitely do better.

9  Thank an80slady6886