We stayed at the Drury to bring in the New Year (2011). We were specifically looking for a nice hotel which was close to the French Quarter, and which was pet friendly. This hotel did not disappoint!
The hotel was conveniently located to the French Quarter, only a short 4-block walk. You can also walk to Jackson Square and the Cafe Du Monde from the hotel - that is about a 7-block walk. The location of the hotel was perfect.
The hotel itself was nice and clean. We opted for a 2-room suite. We were assigned Room 622. We read bad reviews about Room 222 being noisy due to its proximity to the laundry. We did not experience any issues with our room. I will say that the walls seem rather thin and you are able to hear conversations and noise coming from the adjacent rooms. However, this was not a problem for me - and I am a light sleeper.
The other negative comment I have about the hotel is the poor quality of the sleeper sofa. The hotel really needs to upgrade the mattresses on the sleeper sofas. Expect to get a backache if you sleep in a sleeper sofa.
They have a very nice complementary breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, sausages, french toast, waffles, fruits, toast, muffins, cereals, coffee and juice. You need not venture out of the hotel to have a very nice breakfast - except for the obligatory venture to Cafe Du Monde!
They also have a very nice brunch at 5:30 p.m. The offerings vary, but the days we stayed there they offered hot dogs, chicken fingers, chicken wings, meatballs, chips, nachos, and soft drinks.
The hotel is truly pet friendly, and they do not charge anything extra for the pets!! That is truly rare to see.
Lastly, the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Overall, we had a great experience during out stay at the Drury, and will definitely consider staying there again in our next trip to NOLA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans