Part way through our recent trip to New Orleans, we cancelled our hotel reservations and transferred our suitcases to the Drury Inn & Suites. Although they were the same price, there was a world of differences!
First, the lobby is gorgeous, with plenty of couches, chairs, big-screen TV for the games etc. Right off to the left is the spacious breakfast & evening snack area with tables. The front staff could NOT have been any more accomodating considering we walked in off the street at 12 noon (check in is at 3 pm). They found a room immediately.
Our room was lovely - mahogany furniture, tiled bathroom with granite countertop. We had a king room, which was slightly larger than a standard hotel room. There was a desk, comfy chair, cabinet with mini-fridge and microwave, flat screen TV, chest of drawers and 2 bed side tables. The bed was perfect - not too hard and not too soft. Very nice linens, although the bath towels are on the small side.
We were fortunate to get a room with a view (facing the south) so there was plentiful sunshine and a nice view of the business district.
The wonderful breakfast buffet had typical cereal, yogurt, donuts, bagels and also hot items: scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast. Then from 3 -10 pm there are free soft drinks and popcorn off the lobby.
Best of all is the free snack/drinks from 5:30pm-7pm. They offer chicken fingers, hot dogs, meatballs, a small salad selection, chips, tortilla chips. In addition each evening, every guest may have up to 3 alcohol drinks. If the lines are long (and I suspect they ususally are) and you'd like all 3, you can request them at once. They will give you a short and tall drink - but they are strong, so pace yourself and you may need extra mixers. I saw families who had their children eat here only. Presumably the adults might be going out for a nicer restaurant!
Great place. I can't recommend it highly enought!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans