“Relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
East Orange, New Jersey, United States
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Drury Inn and Suites in New Orleans was a wonderful choice for our extended stay after a conference. The location is very convenient to all of the sights. The streetcar stop is right on the corner. Our room was huge, clean and comfortable. We did not have a great view from our window but most of the time we were out and about. The price of the hotel was just right. The breakfast was free and plentiful. The best part about Drury Inn was the Kickback hours--free hot food and drinks! Every staff member we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate their guests. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. We will definitely stay at the Drury Inn and Suites the next time we visit New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this week on business. They put me in the original (old) part of the hotel. It was clean, but rooms are tiny as expected in NOLA. Staff was ok, nothing special. Bed was comfortable and I didn't notice any noise to speak of. The blackout curtains were great and blocked all the light from outside, which was a plus. My hang up about this hotel was the ignorance of the valet and the attitude he had with me. Upon checking in, I asked the desk clerk what my parking options are. She referred me to the valet outside and I asked him "what are my parking options". Without missing a beat, he said "sign this and we will get you taken care of". I asked him about the parking deck we were looking at and he acted like I was speaking German. He finally said, "oh yeah, that's a garage" in the same sentence when he told me he would take my vehicle 3-6 blocks away to park it. Normally, that would be ok, but I need in and out of my vehicle too much for it to be that far away. I elected to park across the street in the "public" lot. BEWARE: $39 a night for a parking spot. Beyond ridiculous. Although Drury doesn't own or run this lot, they should inform people upon making reservations about the ridiculous parking options and that their "garage" is just something pretty to look at for the moment. I WILL NOT stay here again simply because of the attitude of the valet and I recommend that everyone else take their money and go hit one of the chains on Canal instead - that's where I'll be.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank firemshll
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Tho hotel was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very convenient. The employees were all very friendly and always went out of their way to be helpful. Look forward to visiting the city and this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Virginia R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a perfect spot for us with teenagers. Close to French Quarter, garden district and tons of food. Great buffets and enjoyed the kick back drinks at 530. Pool was clean and hot tub was fun at top of building. We would stay here again for sure.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Beth C
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

You can't go wrong staying at Drury Inn and Suites in New Orleans. Very good prices, nice rooms, everything is clean, up to date. Free breakfast, not just a light breakfast but everything, all you can eat. It's free! They have Kickback from 4:30 to 7:00pm, 3 free adult beverages and hot foods as well as free soft drinks. That's all good but the main attraction for us was the nice facility, modern and updated. It's convenient to downtown and the trolley runs right by the hotel s it's easy to catch the trolley, it goes all over town. The Staff is extremely nice and helpful, they will assist you in any way they can. The breakfast and Kickback are at no charge. You can't go wrong. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Best value in town!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thomasr1950
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

First let me start off by saying I went here for my bachelorette weekend, but don't let that give you the wrong idea. My five girlfriends and I were definitely the only young group of people there. The majority of guests seemed to be or families. The reason is probably because the majority of party animals like to stay right in the heart of the French Quarter. We stayed here to save money, which we saved a ton of, and we still had no problems at all walking to everything the French Quarter has to offer. Seriously, this was a 10-minute walk from Bourbon Street where all the action is. We did take cabs home, however, late in the evenings when we were too tired to walk or our feet hurt and you do walk through a seedy couple blocks of Bourbon Street once you're almost back to the hotel. However, we never felt unsafe at all during the daytime or early evening when lots of people are around. Also, there is a trolley stop right outside the hotel which is very easy to hop onto if you want to travel towards the Garden District which I highly recommend.
Now, about the hotel: Did I mention it's an amazing value?! Every single evening for two hours there is FREE happy hour special! Every guest gets two free alcoholic beverages and an all you can eat buffet of great appetizers! If you're looking to save money, you could definitely fill up enough for dinner here! They offered everything from salad to meatballs and pasta to...I'm forgetting things, but know that it wasn't your typical lame choice of apps. Also, the breakfast buffet in the mornings were AMAZING! Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, biscuits n gravy!
The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. One of our rooms was the suite which was spacious enough for four people (glad we didn't try to cram more than four in). The other room was a standard with two-double beds and you could also easily fit 4 people comfortably into that room too.
The staff was friendly and helpful and I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. I know exactly where I'll be staying every time I come to N'awlins!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bunny_Mama87
Glyndon, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I was very glad that I stayed here while I recently attended a conference. The staff was very accommodating and allowed me to check in early and check out late! The hotel offers a nice breakfast and evening reception. Overall, it was a nice hotel with great staff!

Stayed June 2014