“Great hotel and location”

Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We spent a long weekend in New Orleans and this was the perfect spot to stay. Close enough to the chaos of Bourbon Street, but far enough away when you want to be done with that. A short walk to the Riverwalk, Harrah's or the SuperDome. Hot breakfast included and a nightly cocktail hour with hot food was a bonus. The staff was super friendly and our room was perfect. Probably the Most comfortable bed I have slept in. We got a very reasonable rate for a tourist area and we're very happy.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dtremmel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

a beautifully converted former phone swithboarding building with character retained . The rooms are plenty large enough and well furnished. We had an upper floor with a view up Poydras St and it was very quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful and the free morning breakfast had many options plus they offered a free snack and drinks at 5pm which fills the gap until the later evening dining. A really great feature to us is that it was an easy 5-8 min walk to Canal and Boubon action but when you have had enough then the quiet follows you back to the hotel. Will be returning and staying with Drury

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan D
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded when we made reservations and it didn't stop there. Every employee we have come across was polite and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful, and best of all very clean. The Drury provides some of the best extras at no additional cost. From the snack and drinks to the kick back happy hour, and breakfast. We will definitely come back to the Drury.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Drury on Poydras is a clean hotel with a pleasant staff and great perks, but the valet service is as slow as I have seen. I called down 20 minutes before I was to leave, felt bad that I called down so early and found that I had to wait 15 more minutes despite there being no other guest waiting.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Larry M
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our clean hotel and our pleasant team members. Also, please accept my sincere apology regarding the delay in Valet. I havegood news... within the next couple of months, the construction of the new parking garage will be complete, and the valet team will no longer have to park cars offsite! I know this does not help with your recent stay, but I truly hope we have another opportunity to take care of your lodging needs, and show you a more efficient Valet system.

Thank you for choosing the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans!
Patrick Dettwiller

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed seven nights at this property. The Drury Inn has an exceptional staff, beginning with the General Manager, Patrick. He is always on site, and available. He is personable, and caring. He treats each and every guest like family. The entire staff are well trained, professional, polite and friendly. The bartender, Kevin makes your stay a pleasant experience. At the front desk Aliya, Erin, Renaldo and Kristen go out their way to make a guest feel welcome and cared for. The asst. manager assisted us in arranging our escorted tours.
The location is close enough to every venue, about six blocks to WWII Museum, six blocks to the French Quarter, eight blocks to the beautiful River Walk area, and if need be three blocks to the local Court! It rained during our stay, and the front desk loaned us an umbrella! Now that's service you don't find often! The breakfasts are well prepared, and delicious, but the kick back happy hour is GREAT! I can only say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, and my husband and I have traveled around the world. A truly great experience!

Room Tip: There is a new side to the Drury, however either the new building or older side is comfortable. Ask...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Phyliss B
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights following a cruise, wished we had booked for a longer stay! Location is very convenient, easy walk to the streetcar line, even for someone with difficulty walking. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Would most certainly stay here again. In fact, i will be looking for Drury Inns from now on innareas I am travelling to!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1234Alberta
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My trip was part of a bus tour. I was so impressed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay here for sure if and when I am in N.O. The beds are so comfortable, I missed it when I returned home

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends