My husband and I recently spent several days at the Drury Inn on Poydras Street in New Orleans and were completely surprised by the historic elegance and architecture of this moderately priced hotel. Formerly the Cumberland Phone Company building (saved by preservationists), the lobby of the Drury has beautiful marble floors and chandeliers, something you would never find in a budget-minded property. The rooms were recently updated and very clean, with cable TV and free wireless. Many amenities, such as a daily happy hour with food and a full breakfast (you could even make your own waffles) rounded out the stay--a great place for couples or families. Within walking distance of the French Quarter, it was easy to ramble down Chartres Street to the French Market. The staff was friendly and helpful. We'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans