This hotel has a lot of charm and is well located. It's right on the street car line and about a 10 minute walk from Canal Street and the French Quarter. The price is good, although $25 a night valet parking and a slew of taxes erodes the value just a bit. I have stayed twice now in a corner room at the front of the building. That gives you 3 big windows and the ceilings are at least 10 feet high. I would rate this 5 stars, but for 2 quibbles. The food at the afternoon "kickback" is mediocre at best, although the fact that it's "free" makes it okay. And I was disappointed after booking the room months in advance requesting a room at the front on the highest floor possible, then being given a room on the 3rd floor of the 8 story building. The hotel is on a very busy street and the traffic noise well into the night is quite loud. I even called ahead after booking the room over the internet, so I thought I would be placed on a higher and more quiet floor. If I visit New Orleans again, I will likely book my stay at the Drury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans