We stayed for 3 days last week. Hotel is clean and staff are friendly. The free morning breakfast was decent with plenty of options. The evening "happy hour" is not quite as good as I expected though. Hot dog buns were stale and the liquor/wine brands were all generic. We wished it started earlier, like 4:30 (instead of 5:30) and had less quanities, and more quality. Ditch the hot dogs, soup, chips, meatballs, pasta(?) and substitute some more upscale cheeses, crackers, fresh fruits for instance.
Note that the FQ is somewhat of a walk from this place. Not terrible, depending on your age and fitness level, but many days after walking around the quarter all day, the last thing we wanted to do was hike all the way back to the CBD. Not far enough to warrant catching a cab, but sometimes it felt like a little too far to walk. Don't get me wrong, I liked this hotel, just not sure it was the best choice for us this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo and Drury Hotels Company, LLC so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans