We visited New Orleans in October and opted to stay in the Central Business District, rather than in the heart of the French Quarter. This was an excellent decision. We were within walking distance of the action, and the walk itself felt very safe (unlike many areas in New Orleans). The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly and they offered some nice perks. There was free hot breakfast every morning, hot dinner every night, and fresh popcorn every evening. They also allowed three free cocktails per guest each night. While these were a nice addition, there is so much to do in New Orleans that we didn't find it necessary to take advantage of any of these offerings besides breakfast. Overall, the hotel was fine. The bed was comfortable and everything seemed clean. My only issue is that there are more luxurious hotels in the area for the same price. I would be inclined to search around a bit to see if any of the higher-end hotels have availability and a good rate, and if not, this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans