Went to New Orleans for the Final four as first time visitors. The Hotel met all of our needs,
The location was great, the staff was great, the room was great and the food was more than adequate. We were able to walk everywhere, didn't even have to rent a car, We spent 4 full days and were able to see a lot of New Orleans. We caught a trolley 2 blocks away on St Charles street and headed out towards the garden district and Tulane University. The architecture and the big houses were a pleasure to see (Get the 3 dollar trolley pass- good for all day on the trolley and bus systems which will take you anywhere you want to go until four in the morning.
There is store that sells fruit just a block away and there is a neat little pizza place two blocks away Reginelli's Pizzeria on Poydras Street (try the combo) so good we went back three times.
The WWII museum is worth the visit, Again, you can catch a trolley and be there in less than 10 minutes. The Flea market in the French Quarter is a cool place to shop, again accessible by walking or trolley. and you can meander down to Bourbon Street on foot and get happy feet listening to the great music (a 10-15 minute walk).
The NOPD were great, There was police presence everywhere, Not to rain on anybody's parade but just to make sure everyone had a good time So you felt safe whether it was four in the afternoon or four in the morning.
Had reservations about going to New Orleans but by the time the trip was over I was a full blown ambassador for New Orleans. Again, Thanks to the folks at the Drury for helping make this such a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans