Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Pavillon Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Ace Hotel New Orleans(New Orleans)
  • Pool
The Lafayette Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)
Catahoula Hotel(New Orleans)
2,126 results
All reviewsfree breakfastchicken tendersevening kickbackfrench quarterfree happy hourhot breakfastrooftop poolpoydras streetwithin walking distancevalet parkingfew blockstrolley stopgarden districtroom keyfront desk staffking suitethe central business district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is the most elegant Drury Inn we have stayed in, with beautiful decor in the common areas. Jamie at the front desk is one of the nicest, most personable people I've ever dealt with. The streetcar stops right on the corner outside of the hotel, which is very convenient. You must pay with exact change, and can purchase an all-day pass for only $3. when you embark.
When I made the reservation on the chain's website, I was redirected to a phone number because this hotel had limited availability. I was told that there were only 2 rooms available on our dates (March 15 & 16, 2012), and they were both smoking, with 1 kingsize bed. I wanted non-smoking and 2 double beds. I made the reservation anyhow, with the assurance that if there were cancellations of the rooms I requested, we'd get one. The day before our arrival, Drury Inns sent me an e-mail and made a phone call to inform me there had been no cancellations. But we were enroute, so I didn't get the messages. When I checked in, I told Jamie I really preferred non-smoking, and she checked her computer and learned one had just become available. I was very happy.
My only criticism is that, with a huge number of guests, they should have had more help at the free 5:30 Kickback. There was only one bartender, and one person serving the food. This caused long lines to form at each station.

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner of the third floor, and it was large and sunny, with great views in two directions.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvercreeker
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family --husband, 8 year old son, and my parents stayed-- here for one night over March Break. I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before, but decided to give it a try based on the reviews. We arrived early and our rooms weren't ready yet, but the desk staff were great! They helped us decide between a number of different tours of the city, called and made reservations for tours for us, and went out of their way to help us plan our time in New Orleans. We had two rooms --a king suite and a king room-- both of which were great! They were clean, nicely decorated, and had awesome bathrooms!

We enjoyed the free food and drinks at the 5:30 kickback as well as the breakfast in the morning. We also tried out the rooftop pool, which my husband and son loved! Definitely a great view! Overall it was a great stay. The location was a short walk to the French Quarter and a longer, but pleasant walk to the river and aquarium. If you're looking for a conveniently located hotel with nice rooms for a reasonable price, go with this one!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the Drury with two friends. The staff were amazing! Everyday Jaques kindly helped us choose and book great tours and other staff greeted us with a smile coming and going. The late afternoon free drinks and snacks hit the spot and the rooms had a lot of character. Close to the French Quarter, but far enough for a quiet nights sleep.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank travelDanielle
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here during Mardi Gras and had a great time. Jamie at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. She greeted us whenever we came and went and called us by name. The hotel has a very positive energy about it and it is because of great staff like Jamie. This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and will always check this hotel first when we visit New Orleans. The rooms and hotel were very clean and we always felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ilovetotravel2011
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'd definitely say it met most of my families basic needs.
Price for room - I have 3 kids so it's nice to be able to find a reasonable price for a 2-room suite that fits all of us rather than having to use 2 rooms. On average I paid 137 per night for our 2 room suite - pretty good for New Orleans. The room wasn't that great on presentation though - carpets not real clean and everything else just ok.
Staff & service - not bad. The free breakfast is best described as "you get what you pay for" but get there early or you won't have a seat. There were many foreigners and elderly in groups for some reason during our stay which made some of the lines for drinks and breakfast extra long. The 5:30 kickback is good for the free alcoholic drinks which was by far the best perk Drury had to offer. The elevators were acting up the entire time we were there and eventually they shut one down while we were there.
Location - again not bad but not great. It's quite a walk into french quarter. It's almost 1 mile to cafe du monde and jackson square...about a 1/4 mile to the edge of quarter on Canal st. The walk wasn't dangerous but we did walk by a couple street sleepers on the way back one night(this was at 8pm mind you) - again not terrible but could be better. You pay $25/night for parking and then they have valet that goes about 20 feet to get your car....seems like an unnecessary addition.

All in all I probably wouldn't choose to stay there again simply because I'd rather be within closer walking distance of the places I like to visit in french quarter.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stoner299
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. Our hotel does host several corporate and leisure groups as well as families during certain times which will result in our public space, breakfast and 5:30 Kickback area being full with guests enjoying the amenities offered. Our hotel is within walking distance of several of the New Orleans attractions while several of the other attractions can be reached by streetcar, taxi or Pedi cab services for a nominal charge.
We currently do offer valet parking for our guest due to the start of construction on our new addition which will add new meeting space, larger breakfast and 530 kickback areas and a new parking garage as well as additional elevators.

Slade Stratman