Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$156
$108
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$103
$85
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$159
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$169
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$154
$143
2,171 results
All reviewsfree breakfastchicken tendersevening kickbackfrench quarterfree happy hourhot breakfastrooftop pool and hot tubpoydras streetwithin walking distancebreakfast and dinnervalet parkingfew blocksexercise roomthe hotel offerstrolley stopfront desk staffroom key
Reviewed December 26, 2011

It was my first time staying at a drury hotel and was impressed with what you get for your money. The breakfast was perfect for us since we were looking just for some cereal to kick start our morning before indulging in the great food new Orleans has to offer. The free wifi was excellent and fast. We reserved a deluxe room since I wanted to make sure I got at least one window. The ceilings are at least 14 feet, we had two windows, and the bed was comfy. The location was great being only a couple blocks from the french quarter, a block from the st. Charles trolley, and walking distance to the garden district. After seeing where some of the other hotels were located, we thing we picked the right one since many of the others were in the thick of it all and we were liking our silience the street traffic can be a little loud, ESP. For those not used to it. But it's nothing really to complain about too much. For the price, amenities and location we were very happy with our stay

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank springwilltravel
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I stayed here December 12-14 during my first visit to NOLA. This hotel is immaculately clean and very nice for the rate. I stayed in room 616. A COMFORTABLE King-sized bed, high ceilings and nice furnishings, marble floor and wall tiles in the spacious bathroom, and a big flat screen TV - overall very nice!

The front desk and breakfast/dinner buffet employees were all very friendly and helpful. They stored my bags upon checkout for a few hours so I could go do more sightseeing until time for my outbound train to leave. The very friendly lady at the front desk retrieved my bags and offered to get me a taxi when I came back. (This was appreciated, but I already had one waiting out front that I'd taken back from the Quarter and the French Market after losing all track of time *easy to do!* and realizing I wasn't going to have time to walk back to the hotel and then get to the station if I didn't cab it, LOL!) The free breakfast was really good and not skimpy; biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs, donuts, etc. The free evening cocktail hour includes 3 drinks along with a very good and tasty selection of the kinds of snacks you'd have while watching a ballgame: nachos, hot wings, chicken tenders, etc, along with baked potatoes and salad, so you really could have just this for dinner if you wanted. This was all also really good. Obviously both were a good way to save time and money.

The rooftop pool and hottub are heated and looked very clean and inviting, although I never did get around to using them. (Went up there one night to get a few pictures of the skyline - you take the elevator to 9, then take the one all the way down on the left on up to 10 to go outside.) I don't currently have a laptop, although they did offer free Wifi. They have two desktops and a printer in the lobby, and these were very handy for getting and printing google map directions for my little self-guided walking tour of the Quarter, as well as checking emails, etc.

The streetcars are both historic and very handy. (If you pay cash each time you ride you have to have correct change.) The best deal is to buy an all day or multi-day "Jazzy Pass" which is good for unlimited rides on all three streetcar lines (Canal, Riverfront, and St. Charles) as well as the local buses. You can do this with correct change onboard, or from a machine at the stop at Canal and Carondelet. The St. Charles streetcar stops directly beside the hotel on Carondelet (you can wait at the bus shelter across Carondelet). This one runs "inbound," and you can ride it about four blocks to Canal. At that point just get off and cross Canal, because this is where Carondelet turns into Bourbon St! I did just that and had no problems, and honestly I think walking the four or so blocks down Carondelet to get over to Bourbon would have been OK too even at night, although the streetcar is just neat, and handy if you want to save a little walking before you hit Bourbon. The streetcar coming back from Canal runs on its namesake St. Charles, and you just get off at Poydras and walk one block up that street back to the hotel.

For a good way to spend part of an afternoon, also be sure to ride the streetcar out to the Garden District. Google Map the Garden District Bookstore, I forget which street you get off at but you can easily figure it out, I did. The bookstore is an awesome place to visit lots of signed books by famous local and regional authors. (I got a signed hardback of "The Help" - yay me, lol!) It is only about a block from the streetcar stop, and in the midst of many beautiful homes, and is also close to Lafayette Cemetery which is fascinating to walk through.

I'm totally in love with New Orleans after one visit! Walking along the Riverwalk, through Jackson Square, and through the French Quarter early in the morning as the city is waking up is also something you don't want to miss. I also recommend the Steamboat Natchez, great food and a really good way to see the city from the perspective of the river, including the levee that broke after Katrina, the Lower Ninth Ward, and the site of the Battle of New Orleans. Again, the Drury was a great place to stay for the money. I will visit New Orleans again, and will definitely stay at the Drury when I do.

One last thing: I arrived and departed by train, and I highly recommend riding Amtrak's modern version of the famous "City of New Orleans" if you want a very relaxed experience that allows you to meet fascinating fellow travelers and watch America roll by, including great views of Lake Pontchartrain and the swamps between NOLA and Hammond. Spend the extra money for a sleeper car roomette if you do. All meals included (they're good, too!), along with free coffee and juice in the sleeping car anytime you want it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Jason42503
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Very accommodating. Quiet, clean rooms. Several blocks from the French Quarter, but not a bad walk. Walked it several times at night, never felt like we were in danger. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2011

checked in late, and had trouble getting in. Room was nice,except was a handicapped room (wife is in a wheelchair) and toilet was to low. We spoke to the manger, and he said this was an oversight, and they would be taking care of it. Best part was the 5:30 kickback (free food and cocktails)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Not too much more I can add here that has not already been said. The rooms are basic but clean, the location is a few minutes away from the madness of the Quarter but an easy walk. Cabs are always easy to catch.
The breakfast was not as fast food heavy as I expected and the evening drinks and snacks had a nice blend of junk food and healthy options. I think they were the only healthy thing I ate in my three days in the city. It would be nice if they had some local options for their evening menu but they pour a strong drink so that's always nice!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business