My husband and I stayed here for 9 night s in May. I can't say enough about the great friendly service we recieved. The manager was on site all the time and made every effort to speak with all the guests. We had a suite room on the 6th floor with a street view. The room was lovely with 15 foot ceilings, marble bath and two large LCD TVs. Our frig kept things cold but we really shouldn't have bought any drinks or snacks because the hotel offers them for FREE! Every night from 5:30-7pm they offer a great variety of of hot snax and three free alcoholic beverages (including things like Margaritas and blood Marys as well as white, red and zinfandel wines and Bud light beer). They also offer a very nice hot breakfast in the morning. The pool and Jacuzzi on the roof were clean and warm with plenty of towels. All elevators require your room key to work so you feel very safe. If you decide to stay right in the French Quarter/ Bourbon Street (I was almost lured in by the Royal Sonesta-but so glad I picked Drury instead) I guarantee you will not get any sleep. It's like New Years Eve in Times Square every night. It was so nice to come back to the Drury and get out of the chaos of Bourbon street.
Let me mention a few things I didn't see in the other reviews that you may find helpful. First, the hotel is very close to the AT&T building next door.( The Drury WAS the old telephone building until they expanded and moved next door-This accounts for the 15 foot ceiling in the Hotel. The phone company needed them to house their large equipment) The rooms that face the new AT&T building have no view at all. The hotel web offers a choice of "street view" for a little extra money. I advise unless money is very tight to get the street view or you will be dissapointed.
Also, you are blocks away from many of the best restaurants in the country, Commanders Palace, Emerils, Arnauds, Restaurant August etc. Don't tank on the bar snaks at the Hotel. Go out and visit one of these great places. New Orleans is a food town go enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building just one block from the St. Charles trolley, the Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans offers convenient access to the Garden District and the French Quarter. Experience Cajun traditions and culture while enjoying Drury Hotels' free extras from our hot breakfast to the 5:30 Kickback(R) evening menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans