“Wow!!!”

Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2004

What a great experience! The Avenue Inn B&B is beautiful, quiet, convenient and a great value. The last time we stayed in a place this nice it cost us $400 a night. (The Avenue Inn costs a lot less!) Joe & Bebe are great hosts and catered to our every need. I felt like we were family. If you are going to New Orleans I'd highly recommend The Avenue Inn. Excellent!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed September 14, 2004

I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before so I was a little leary of what one was like. However, upon arriving to the elegant and gracious Avenue Inn, my fears were laid to rest. We were greeted by the Innkeeper, Joe, who made us feel as if we were long lost relatives. Even arriving two hours early didn't ruffle him. He put us in the parlor, gave us a snack and drink and made small talk until the room was ready. The room was beautiful, the service was great. Both Joe and Bebe were very accomadating in aquiring taxi's, tours, reservations for restrurants and giving advice on what to see and where to stay away from. The breakfast was plentiful and varied. It was an enlighting experience that I am sure my husband and I will repeat. We recommend the Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast highly!

Reviewed September 5, 2004

Beautiful setting with lots of Southern charm and warm hospitality...including warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival! Great location near universities, shopping and touring. Owners very knowledgable about attractions, dining, spas etc. and helpful in making reservation for the above. Very clean.You can't go wrong! We'll be back!

Reviewed September 2, 2004

This is a convenient B&B in the beautiful garden district. Great place to stay if you are visiting Tulane. Innkeepers are at the ready to help with reataurants, taxis, etc. Delicious breakfast.

Reviewed September 1, 2004

My wife and I enoyed our stay very much. Joe and Bebe are very warm and hospitable; the room was great; and the location is very convenient.

Herman and Marilyn Schwartzman
NYC, NY

Reviewed August 29, 2004

Wonderful rehabbed old mansion in the Garden District. The place is in gorgeous condition and the owners are fantastic hosts. At first, I was a little put off by the reviews about the condition of the home, but those reviews are clearly outdated. I can't say enough about this b&b. I stay there whenever I'm in town. A steal.

New Orleans
Reviewed August 29, 2004

This is the second time we had "played tourist" in our own town. Again, we truly enjoyed our experience at the Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast.

A very well appointed, restored old mansion in the heart of Uptown New Orleans.

1 Thank YCressend