“Not impressed”
Review of Blue Dot Donut's

Blue Dot Donut's
Ranked #12 of 27 Bakeries in New Orleans
Description: Hidden little gem! looking for donuts in New Orleans didn't find anything other than the Beignets. Been there done that. overrated to me personally. Stumbled upon Blue Dot Donut's online tried them on 07/16/11 what a find. They have a Long John that has Maple glaze on top and Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!! wow talk about GR8!!!!!!!! it was really good sweet and salty the donut itself was warm and soft I highly recommend. A large variety of donuts and followed up my exit of New Orleans with one more stop at Blue Dot Donut's for the road. You gotta try it for yourself. Venture out of the French Quarter and find hidden treasures its worth the journey.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here one morning to bring home a treat for my man. Too bad neither of us enjoyed our donuts very much. I'm not a big donut person to begin with but my man is and he was even more disappointed than me. They don't have many options besides donuts. I won't be returning any time soon

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We read all the great review before going there and expected amazing things. Being for out of town, we weren't familiar with the transit system, and found it annoying to get a pass. You have to have exact change. They can't give you change on the trolley. We walked most of the way there because of how random the trolleys run. When we got there at 11am, they only had five red velvets left and donut holes. We got 3 red velvet donuts, and headed out disappointed that we didn't get to try the maple bacon. I set my alarm for 6am, when they open, and caught a cab there. They had all the selections. I got three maple Bacon's and three peanut butter and jelly. After eating them, we weren't impressed. Yes the maple bacon was good, but we would have liked a regular donut style, rather than an eclair style donut. The peanut butter and jelly was OK. The donut I ate had very little jelly. I think that you should have your choice of jelly, or at least grape.

I just think that they aren't worth the hype, you be the judge.

1  Thank PaintedCanvas1975
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I saw the Maple Bacon Long John on one of the food shows months ago. I live in north Louisiana so I made a mental note to try it the next time I was in New Orleans. So glad I did! My husband and I both got one and we both loved it. Would have loved to try some of their other doughnuts but the Long John is so big that's all I could eat. Parking was a challenge but totally worth it!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

What an unusual donut shop! Owned and operated by 3 police officers and staffed by family members this donut shop is a really different. The first time I saw a Maple Bacon Cruller I had to buy it. Different but really good. Two of my favorite things combined in a very creative pastry.

2  Thank Shadowit
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I rode the streetcar out from downtown to try these donuts with bacon. Pretty tasty, but could only eat one. It was a nice day, so I sat outside in the little dining area and had a glass of milk with my donuts. Lots of business coming and going. At one point, the line was out the door. But they are very efficient. All of the donuts I had were excellent. I do not think you could make a bad choice. Even PB&J for the kids!

2  Thank wrice3