“DO NOT EAT FIORELLA'S !!!”
Review of Fiorella's Cafe

Fiorella's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiorella's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #653 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I never write reviews but I am going to tell you, I am so compelled to write this one. I know many of you have already written a similar review so I will attempt to be direct. DO NOT eat at Fiorella's. This one time great place changed hands after Katrina. They absolutely do not live up to the name they inherited. I swore once years ago I would not go back but I did. Stupid me. We started off with the waitress informing us she was ill, she was to be off work but the other staff was not showing up for work. As we ordered we were informed after several visits to the kitchen that they were out of 1/3 the items on the menu. When we did order 3 of the 5 of us received our food the other two did not. The food was a sad attempt at what the menu had described. The thick cut pork chop on my buddy's plate looked like the leather sole of an old shoe. The red beans were awful. The Caesar salad was not a Caesar salad but had the Caesar dressing. They served our drinks in plastic "to-go" cups but we sat for dinner?? In the past they were known for their fried chicken. I wouldn't know because the two of us that ordered the chicken never received it. Three members of our party ate their meals because we were told it would be right out. Sadly they finished eating and we still had not been served our food. We finally got the attention of our sick waitress who went to check again, that is when we were told they had given our food to another table. I then informed the waitress that we would not be staying. She then told us that is like that all the time now, the place is total mess, just awful. My partner went to the kitchen to speak to the manager who ignored him for ten minutes with a personal phone call then had no apology or resolution for the failure to provide service or food. After waiting over and hour, in a nearly unoccupied restaurant, we left without eating or paying for two of the meals.
Again, DO NOT go to Fiorella's. I am making my mission to inform as many people as I can of this tragic place that lures folks in with a once reputable name. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. DO NOT eat at Fiorella's!
This truely has to be the worst dining experience we have had!
If you want great Chicken got to Coop's Place across the street!!

1  Thank RegGuyAZ

Reviewed December 30, 2011

The menu is eclectic with a mixture of creole and Italian. The eggplant appetizer was good as was the corn and clam bisque. The crab cakes were fair, the beans and rice pedestrian. The service was abysmal..the worst we've ever seen. The kitchen was chaos...running out of several items. The waitress was distracted and multiple requests were needed for simple things like silverware and napkins. The kicker was 4 out of five meals were served and the fifth took another hour!! There's a lot of restaraunts on Decatur Street, try any place else!

Reviewed December 27, 2011

We went here for the first time on Christmas Day. The service was great & the fried chicken wonderful. What a great find!

Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is the worste dinning experience I have had in New Orleans. They were out of half of their menu and did not tell us they were out of white chicken meat until it was time to come to the table. We ordered angle hair and got fettucini. They did not know the price of the wine that was on display. It took so long to get food we finished a bottle of wine. At this point we asked to deliver to our condo 2 blocks away. After delivery average at best.

1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I came to Fiorella's with my husband and parents for dinner after reading positive reviews in travel guides. The service was good and the food was excellent. We had the gumbo, chicken parm, and eggplant parm. It was all very fresh and delicious.

We actually came back a second time during our 5-day vacation in NO because it was that good. It was more crowded the second time and the eggplant wasn't as good (more seeds, tough skin) but it was great overall. We would definitely recommend this place.

They have two locations; we went to the Decatur St one.

1  Thank svsp