“Late night snack”

Neighborhood: French Quarter
Crestview, Florida
“Late night snack”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

While attending a conference in the Convention District, my coworkers and I walked around late one night looking for a place to grab a light meal. We stumbled upon Felipe's about an hour before they closed. Ordering was a bit different from other restaurants but not so difficult so as to prevent you from getting what you want. The burrito I ordered must have weighed about 2 pounds and it was delicious. Would definitely eat here again even though its not typical New Orleans food.

Visited March 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Delicious, Fresh, and Very Inexpensive”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Felipe's is a great place to grab a quick dinner and enjoy cocktails. They have great happy hour drink specials everyday. The food is tasty and comes out fast. I love the Sangria and the Margaritas. The chips and salsa are very good as well as the tacos. Give it a try if you would like a change from Poboys.

• Visited February 2014
St. Louis, MO
“Mexican in NOLA? Yes - Give it a Try!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My partner and I visited New Orleans in early April 2014. I am a lover of Mexican Food, so while I know we were in New Orleans and it is all about Southern / Cajun / Seafood – I knew I would have to hit up a Mexican joint at some point. Based on I read on TripAdvisor I figured Felipe’s would fit the bill.

Right after we landed and checked in our hotel, we walked to the French Quarter location on St. Peters Street to get our eat on (right near the Riverfront and Jackson Square). It is accurately described as others have done in this forum… It’s casual, order at the counter and take your food to a seat (or a fully stocked bar). It is like a Qdoba or Chipotle in the fact that you pick your item(s) and all the ingredients that go in it while they build it right in front of you – but it is much nicer than either and so much tastier.

For an appetizer we shared the Queso Fundido (baked cheese topped w/chorizo & pico de gallo, served w/ 4 soft corn tortillas). To be honest this was not very good. It was super greasy and did not have that good of flavor. I would skip this and get a different appetizer on the menu – like the Felipe’s Special. For dinner, I got two orders of the tacos (4 soft corn tortillas, cilantro, red onion & guacamolillo sauce and meat – Tinga Chicken and Steak). These were delicious! My partner got the Chimichanga (Deep fried Burrito or Super Burrito topped with Queso Dip) stuffed with Tinga Chicken. It was also delicious and actually the best Chimichanga either one of us have ever had.

All this great food for pretty cheap (I think about 20 bucks). It was inexpensive, fast, fresh, and super tasty. Not to mention (at least the French Quarter location) had a cool funky little interior perfect for a meal with a few margaritas. We both loved Felipe’s and will definitely be back when in NOLA. If you need a break from too many po boys, gumbo, crawfish, etc (or just want some good Mexican) – definitely stop by one of their locations.

• Visited April 2014
Southeast of Disorder
“Welcome change of taste”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We actually ate at the Felipe's on Carrolton (mid-city) but I can't find it on Trip Advisor. Since it's a chain I thought I'd review it here.

We ended up at Felipe's Mid-City after a family trip out to City Park via the streetcar. We were tired of fighting crowds and paying too much for average food, and Mexican sounded good. We don't have this chain at home so weren't sure if it was a big or small chain (still don't know, actually!)

Very pleased with the tacos, carnitas, shrimp tacos, chips and dip combo, the tamale was pretty good. Had margaritas too. Air-conditioned, order at the counter and find a seat. No table service or special kid meals (that's not a negative...just a statement so you know!)

The food tasted fresh and it's customizable because you follow it down the assembly line (a la Chipotle or Subway).

If we'd seen it in the French Quarter we'd have probably stopped there - it was just lost in the blur!

• Visited March 2014
New Orleans
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cheap & awesome”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

skip the overpriced touristy places and get yourself some amazing flavorful tacos for less than $10, plus $5 margs

Visited March 2014