“Best cheap Mexican food in Nola”

Felipe's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #215 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great place to go for a cheap bite and a fun crowd! Go on Wednesday nights for $3 margaritas until 9pm!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing! I love their Key Lime Margaritas with fresh squeezed limes! They are yummy and strong. Also the Carnitas is to die for!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Being from here, I know lots of great places to eat. But, when my sister came in from out of town and requested a good, cheap place to eat while downtown, I'll admit, I had to Yelp it. Felipe's had really great reviews and was a block from us, so that's where we went. And now, it's where I'll go again and again. It's essentially your average simple mexican food assembly line. But they don't screw it up by trying to make it too special. Mexican food- sorry, GOOD Mexican food- is great due to its simplicity and freshness. Personalizing that is a mistake. Felipe's does it right. It's good, inexpensive (or rather, priced as it should be) and quick. When in the French Quarter, there are many places that, while very good, will charge more due to the tourist crowd. This isn't one of those. So, eat gumbo, oysters, crawfish, etc. Eat lots of it- it's pretty special here. But, take a time-out on confusion and your wallet at some point and head to Felipe's.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here three times inside of a year on three different visits for conventions. Each time the food was great. The only drawback for me is it can be noisy and crowded , but it is also a bar. It's an easy walk from convention center area.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I Always eat here whenever I go to New Orleans(which is several times a year)and the food is good.On this trip the three most popular salsas were the consistency of water. Mexican food w/o salsa is not a good thing

I pointed it out to the staff,they weren't interested but called the manager. I showed him the salsa and his response was like I was talking to him in Russian,couldnt care less and nothing was done about.