“Solid quick Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here three times inside of a year on three different visits for conventions. Each time the food was great. The only drawback for me is it can be noisy and crowded , but it is also a bar. It's an easy walk from convention center area.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I Always eat here whenever I go to New Orleans(which is several times a year)and the food is good.On this trip the three most popular salsas were the consistency of water. Mexican food w/o salsa is not a good thing

I pointed it out to the staff,they weren't interested but called the manager. I showed him the salsa and his response was like I was talking to him in Russian,couldnt care less and nothing was done about.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice variety, prepared upon order in a counter service format. More of a fast food type service. Basic bar seating environment. Good food. Not spiced when prepared but lots of options on the self service salsa bar.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went here twice in our short trip to New Orleans!! We absolutely loved this place. It has amazing food that they make right in front of you. It seems fresh and the portions are pretty big. Everyone is friendly and the prices are really great. We loved the margaritas as well! It is a bit of a walk from the main part of the French Quarter but it was completely worth it. We are hoping that a Felipe's will open near us because it was so delicious!

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I found ourselves going back in line to order more and more items. We first went in for some tortilla soup, but ended up going back to order tacos and a supper burrito (excellent by the way). The quesadilla is a tad expensive, but good quality cheese. One star less because of a bit slow service while ordering, but the food was delicious and much healthier than any fast food option, for about the same price. We're definitely going back when we're back in town.

Date of visit: July 2013