“It was quick and easy, but only average”

Felipe's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #179 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Huntsville, AL
“It was quick and easy, but only average”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stopped at Felipe's because it was quick and easy from where we were staying. The service was fast food style but it was fast a reasonably fresh, but the taste was very average for me. Many people have commented on how great the food was, but with our orders we just didnt experience it. Dont get me wrong, there wasnt anything wrong with it, it was just average, I have had much better and much worse. Price was reasonable and it was convienent for our location.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Mexican Food in the French Quarter”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Felipe's when I was in New Orleans last week and was pleasantly surprised. They have wonderful food with plenty of options (vegetarian friendly!!) and you can pretty much customize your order anyway you like. The food is cheap for how fresh and delicious it is, not to mention the portions are good sized. I will definitely stop by Felipe's again when I want Mexican food in New Orleans.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“good choice for casual dining in nola”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am from texas so i know good Mexican food

If you want good mexican food in new Orleans,this is the place
Very casual,cute bar,good happy hour.its about 2 notches above chipotle only they serve liquor!

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing fast food Mexican that rivals some of the best Mexican I have had across the country”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled here on a quick lunch lookout. Wow. On first glance it reminded me of a qdoba with a bar. Walk up ordering which is slow but wow the food is amazing the burritos were so yummy. I got Half shrimp half steak smothered with queso and fried peppers and onions with rice and black beans. Holy wow! The guacamole was delicious and the Felipe's special left us wanting a second dish!! Definitely need to try when in Nola!

Chino Hills, California, United States
“Great little Mexican place!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stumbled upon this little place by accident, we were going to have breakfast at the Ruby Slipper but the line was sooooo long we decided to head to the French Quarter instead and we walked past this place, it was very clean and inviting and we could smell the goodness of Mexican food! We ordered the tacos, one of each of the meats they have available and they were all very good!! the staff makes everything right there in front of you, it has a little bar area as well and a chip and salsa bar. Very good place for lunch! we enjoyed it very much. I am picky about my Mexican food, being Mexican myself I can say it is authentic!! Enjoy!