“Amazing fast food Mexican that rivals some of the best Mexican I have had across the country”

Felipe's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #174 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled here on a quick lunch lookout. Wow. On first glance it reminded me of a qdoba with a bar. Walk up ordering which is slow but wow the food is amazing the burritos were so yummy. I got Half shrimp half steak smothered with queso and fried peppers and onions with rice and black beans. Holy wow! The guacamole was delicious and the Felipe's special left us wanting a second dish!! Definitely need to try when in Nola!

• Visited May 2013

Chino Hills, California, United States
“Great little Mexican place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stumbled upon this little place by accident, we were going to have breakfast at the Ruby Slipper but the line was sooooo long we decided to head to the French Quarter instead and we walked past this place, it was very clean and inviting and we could smell the goodness of Mexican food! We ordered the tacos, one of each of the meats they have available and they were all very good!! the staff makes everything right there in front of you, it has a little bar area as well and a chip and salsa bar. Very good place for lunch! we enjoyed it very much. I am picky about my Mexican food, being Mexican myself I can say it is authentic!! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
League City, Texas
“Best Mex in NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Who says you can't find Mexican food in NOLA? This little place has been the next Mexican I've found in the south! I had some really great chicken tacos, everything was fresh. I wish I found this place early on my trip.If you go, know what you want before you get in line, they are quick and you need to order fast.

Visited April 2013
Colorado
“A great, inexpensive change of pace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are looking for something different, something inexpensive, and something vegetarian, you can find it all here at Felipe's on N. Peters in New Orleans.

They have a number of vegetarian options, but we went with the "Super Burrito" because it comes with beans and rice. By the way, all beans and rice are vegetarian here, and that's not easy to find in this city. So, you get a big, white tortilla and they throw in your choice of beans, a spoon of rice, top it with vegetables, and any other add-ins that you want. Most of the add-ins are no extra charge, but, if you want guacamole, it will cost you $1.14. This burrito is $6.50, or $7.65 if you get the guacamole.

You have to order at the counter, but you can watch your food being prepared. Then, you pay for it, and take it over to the hot sauce bar. You can choose which sauce or sauces you want, (there are like six, and the "Havanero" is really hot!), and how much of each. You can also had relish, pickled carrots, and fresh radishes. Fix it up, and take it over to the bar for a beer. Two people can have a healthy, nutritious lunch or dinner for a total of $22.50, including tip. Try to beat that anywhere in New Orleans. You just can't do it.

The food is good, fresh, and tasty. It kind of reminds me of Chipotle back home, but with slight variations. It is a good deal.

• Visited April 2013
“Good Mexican in NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

For a quick Mexican bite and good value, this is the place to go. Definitely a place to check out if you're craving Mexican!

This is coming from someone that comes from LA.

• Visited April 2013