“Very tasty sushi”

Sushi Brothers
Ranked #641 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am a bug sushi fan and was recommended this place by relations who live here. I was not disappointed, started off with the seafood spring rolls. Then had a combination of sashimi special and Sushi special. The salmon and tuna was especially delicious. Service was very good food served quickly and all priced reasonably.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The service @ this place was awesome. I bet we had our glasses refilled 20 times. The have maki rolls for $4...and all the menu is well priced.
It seemed popular w/ the locals...lots of neighborhood folks stopped in for take out.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was, bar none, the best sushi I have ever had. I got a tuna roll and a rainbow roll, and my husband got a dynamite crunch and an LSU roll. There was so much fish in each roll! The prices were really good too, two specialty rolls and two regular was just about 30 bucks, and you also get complimentary miso soup. The fish was very fresh (any fresher and it would be flopping around) and the sushi rice was quite good, but a bit sweet. The sweet rice was nice in the heat, though. Service was fabulous, my water glass never got empty, even after 5 refills! We will probably go back, even though we came on vacation for the Creole food :-)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you find you need a little break from the creole and soul food so prevalent in NOLA, and want something you're familiar with but don;t want to spend a ton of money, I recommend this place. We ordered some sashimi, rolls and nigiri. Everything was very fresh and prices were very low compared to what we pay up north. Service was good. Ambience was a bit noisy but lively with a very young crowd in attendance. Owner is Vietnamese and checks in with all tables. Good value here.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I've been eating Sushi in New Orleans since the '80's when the only place to go was Veteran's Blvd. Since then, the sushi scene has exploded and my loyalties have been roving. Sushi Brothers is my current favorite in town. They have unique offerings, they don't kill you with the famous fake crab salad filler trick, and they are consistent. I'm not crazy about the TV's always running in the dining room and the wait staff is not exactly polished, but the sushi is worth any annoyances. I hesitate to tell y'all, because they have become rightfully, quite popular. Located lower St. Charles. Often a wait for peak lunch hours. Not open Sunday.