The Whitney Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$385
$299
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
$269
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$272
$250
Hotels.com
$361
$305
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$394
$223
$332
$265
Agoda.com
1,523 results
All reviewsbank buildinggreat locationfrench quarterpoydras streetwalking distancebusiness districtwwii museumwarehouse districtvalet parkingstay there againconvention centermardi grasthe hotel stafffront desk staffbeautiful hotela great staynice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WhitneyGM, General Manager at The Whitney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

When we looked at this hotel we saw many incredibly dismal reviews so we were very hesitant but our family was staying here so we bit the bullet and tried it anyway. First off we saw several people say the location was bad. Totally not true. It's very easy to walk to just about anything and you're not in the middle of all the French quarter activity but still very close. We also saw many complaints about the hotel being old. It's a HISTORICAL property what were you expecting? Yes the furnishings were older but well maintained. No the rooms don't have fridges but we and our family (in another room) requested one and they were brought up within 30 minutes of arrival. Another complaint we saw was about the valet and it taking a long time. They warned us of this upon check-in so we just called for our vehicle 1/2 hour before we needed it and it was there as promised so I don't see any problem with that. We also saw several reviews that stated that this hotel was not worth the price. I have to completely disagree. For $176/night we got a true suite (actual doors seperating the rooms and our families room was a 2 queen room and each bed was in its own room. True suites are very rare now and are invaluable when traveling with a baby. Also if you travel in big cities you are well aware that rooms are often starting at $300/night. As for noise, it is pretty noisy but not unbearably so. We were facing Poydras so were probably on the loud side and it didn't keep us or our baby awake. Overall good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Angela C

Thank you for the great and detailed review. I'll pass your kind comments along to the staff. Please let us know if we can assist you with future reservations when visiting New Orleans.

Casey A. Callais
ccallais@wyndham.com

Reviewed April 4, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Upon arriving at the Whitney, I realized I made an error in the scheduling of my reservation. Justin was so helpful and reassuring. He let me know rooms were available and set me up with the exact room I reserved. I was worried about being able to transfer the reservation and not have to pay a huge charge for the mistake I made. Justin explained exactly what I needed to do. The next morning I spoke with Patrick, who again reassured me and took care of everything for me. Patrick also recommended some fabulous stores and things for us to do. The entire stay and staff was wonderful. The room was perfect for my daughter and me. It was so convenient to everything. We were able to walk to everything we needed or wanted. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. A huge thank you to Patrick and Justin!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for the great feedback, I'll certainly pass along your kind comments to Patrick and Justin. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Casey A. Callais