“Jazz Brunch DELICIOUS”
Review of Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill is the friendly place on Frenchmen wherepeople come for great Creole inspired Caribbean influenced food, handcrafted cocktails, and live local music. Guests enjoy the lush green courtyard, one of the largest in the French Quarter, with its expansive bar and gurgling fountain. The owners have worked hard to create a welcoming place to relax and enjoy wonderful food and drink that isn’t found in every tourist place in the Quarter. The collection of artisanal aged rums, for tasting or blending into favorite cocktails, grows weekly.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went for brunch this morning and LOVED IT! We had the Lobster Mac N Cheese, Chicken and Waffles, Shrimp and Grits, Eggs Benedict, and French Toast. All 5 plates were delicious, although the Chicken n grits and Lobster Mac were our favorites. The ambiance was amazing and music was great! I highly recommend!

2  Thank tk101chic

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went to Mojitos after the Chiefs Saints game before we walked up the street to the bars along Frenchmen St. The apps were great, the salads well prepared and the Jamaican Pork chop superb. I think our waiter's name was Will and he provided excellent service. We ate on the patio which is a little dim if you don't like that style. There was live music being played and some people were dancing. A great experience

2  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I were lured in by the beautiful patio and amazing music. We sat down for drinks and appetizers. We had high hopes and the overall atmosphere seemed amazing. I ordered drink with ginger beer and whiskey I believe and it tasted moldy. I'm not even sure how that is possible. We asked the waiter to take it back and I got a vodka and seven that was fine. My boyfriends drink was made with the worst rot gut well booze available. At least it wasn't moldy but didn't taste good. We got chips & salsa, (which they charge for) the chips were stale and the salsa was boring. We also got these deep fried fritters which looked perfectly cooked but were then mushy on the inside, almost raw. Generally that happens when the fryer oil sits too long and since they judge that it's done by color, old oil will make something looked cooked when it isn't. When we got our bill they charged us for the drink I returned and has to ask to have it removed. The waiter before anything even happened was pretty horrible. We weren't there usual clientele I suspect and we got that type of service. maybe? The only thing I can figure is that the AARP convention was in town and they were wiped out? Go for the music and patio and some water but don't eat or drink there...there are many more amazing places to eat in NOLA besides here. I promise you I am generally not a whiner and from the other reviews maybe we just caught them on an off day, but it was consistently a bad dining experience.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Staff was friendly, and food was wonderful. They had a jazz duo, and the music was good. Sit out on the patio, it's beautiful.

2  Thank WannabeeSpringer
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We loved the Southern food but wanted a menu with more variety and this was just the spot. They offer indoor and outdoor eating. Their crab-cakes and asparagus are delicious! Also, try one of their paellas. Enjoy a great meal and great music at this spot!

2  Thank JacksReviews