Best Western Plus French Quarter Landmark Hotel
Ranked #59 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I frequent this hotel on business and pleasure trips. The rooms are always nice. The location is great due to it being away from noise of Bourbon St. but in short walking distance to Bourbon St. The price is very good for New Orleans. The courtyard i s nice to lounge in beside the pool. The rooms have a safe and separate shower/toilet which is also nice have.

Room Tip: Pick an outside room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank N S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Reviewed October 21, 2012

this was a good place...for the hand i was dealt. I traveled w 7 females...myself included. the hotel was nice, great continental breakfast. the best part of the hotel was TY, the bartender. 2-10pm, he's the best. the others were doable...next time I might come stay here, otherwise ill just visit when Ty is working. to be honest, he was the only cool thing about that place. the other ppl who worked there were cool I just felt like they judged me for being wasted the whole time...but it's NOLA...you're supposed to be drunk. go for the bar. if you go to stay that's cool too, just kno they won't give you a room key unless ur names on the bill, I had to sleep in the lobby/pool one night bc I was denied a room key (even tho i paid for part of the room). just go in from 2-10 when Ty is working, that's enough to make the stay worth it. no joke.

• Stayed October 2012
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great holiday in New Orleans...hotel was perfect really. No complaints....across from a very nice park, walking distance to Bourbon Street, nice warm breakfast and terrific coffee. Staff were helpful. We did not use the hotel bar - we had a nice fridge in our room and kept it stocked. Would take down to the courtyard / beside the pool.

Has a safe, shower and toilet separate and very nice. 1 night no hot water for our showers...but not a big deal. Food and music so awesome in New Orleans....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Argentina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had a room with all amenities, the only drawback was the strange smell you felt at first. Very nice and helpful staff, normal breakfast and a good location, around six blocks from the French Quarter.
Price was very good for New Orleans. I was on a business trip but I think it is also good for touristic purposes.

Wellington
Reviewed October 20, 2012

When I booked this 8 night stay I had read all previous reviews. I was happy with the location on the fringe of the French quarter because I figured the place would be quiet. I liked the idea of a fitness center and also the complimentary breakfast. I didn't mind the walk into the quarter ( 3 blocks to Bourbon St) and to the convention center (about 45 min walk) for my meeting. In fact. I was happy to walk. This place ticked a lot of my boxes and the price was reasonable. The sheets were nice and the bed very comfortable.There is small fridge in the room, which was great. There's a big TV, but that was not a big deal for me. The breakfast was plentiful, although the scrambled eggs looked and tasted like they came from a box. There is free WiFi, a big plus. The fitness center was well equipped for me and I appreciated that. The pool is small but clean. I didn't use it but a dip might have been nice in the heat and humidity of NO. So there were some nice features. BUT...the room was not very clean when I got there, there was a film of dust on the bedside lamp and on the coffee maker. There was no cleaning during the 8 night stay. I got some cleanser for the sink and the shower or they would not have been cleaned at all. The bed is made daily and the towels are changed. That's it. My neighbours continued their party well into the wee hours of the morning. This is not the hotel's fault and when I complained they talked to the party makers. But the walls are thin and so any noise is too much noise. NO is a party town but I had hoped to be able to sleep when I got back to the hotel. T'was not to be. The staff were very nice and accommodating but on my next trip to the Big Easy, I'll stay somewhere else. .

Room Tip: try to get a room on a high floor away from the courtyard
1 Thank SusanWellington
Mich
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were here on a weekend. French Quarter hotels well over $200, This was about 1/2 cost. No Breakfast but in New Orleans eat at a good restuarant from Tripadvisor recommendations. New Orleans is one of great food cities of world.

Hotel is older and tower is closed due to Katrina. Other rooms were very nice and well decorated. Rooms = to Hampton stlyle. There is a buffet breakfast which is available and many restuarants and fast food nearby. An easy 15 minute drive to French Quarter. Free safe parking. Would stay again. Whole Foods Store 1 block away as well as a mall,

Room Tip: Any one will be OK
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City
Reviewed October 17, 2012

You can walk to many terrific restaurants from the is hotel. The morning breakfast was better than expected and the room was recently renovated.
The staff was very helpful and the only downside is parking for your car. I drove in to New Orleans on business and the parking garage is very small and a tight fit even for a compact car. Several cars were doubled parked in the morning when I left and it took me over 5 minuets to get my car out of the garage with out scratching it on a post, wall or other car. Parking is $22 a night as well.

1 Thank Jan M