I've stayed at several hotels in the New Orleans area and thought I'd give the Courtyard New Orleans/Iberville a try when my family and I came to stay for a few nights. The main draw for us was the 2 king bed suites.
We checked into a 10th floor room. There was NO view at all; just a window looking out at another window facing us across a very small interior courtyard. Very claustrophoic. The person at the desk told me none of the rooms had a view, that they all look across at buildings. Okay, I guess we can deal with that.
Once we were in our room, I noticed a very loud humming sound that was coming from the bathroom. It was so loud that not even closing the door to the bathroom masked it very much. They sent someone up to check it out and he said it was just the sound of the air conditioning unit on the roof. Okay, can't deal with that all night.
We asked for a new room and were put on the 8th floor. Same room, same kind of view, less noise coming from the bathroom fan, but still there. However, THIS room had several areas of carpet that were wet! I'm guessing they were spot cleaning certain areas; I don't know, but it was kind of gross. Also, the shower door doesn't close.
At this point, we decided to just stay in the room as we were told they were at 95% capacity anyway.
The air conditioning on one side of the room worked, but not in the other so it got very uncomfortable at night. At 8am the next morning, 4 of the housekeeping staff were sitting on the floor, about 10 feet from our door just talking away. That was more than annoying.
They've offered to move us to yet another room so we'll see how it goes...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the heart of The Big Easy when you stay at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville. Spend your day strolling through the French Quarter as you make your way to Bourbon Street, then plan to visit historical sites including Jackson Square and the National WWII Museum. Southern comfort is waiting for you in our rooms and suites boasting comfortable beds and cotton-rich lines. Feel immersed in the city's culture with our locally inspired decor and scenic views. Complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-panel TVs create a setting that feels just like home. When hunger strikes, drop by Vieux Varre Cafe, our hotel's eatery with Starbucks® beverages and delicious entrees. Wine and beer are also available in the evening. Continue your workout routine while on the road with our fitness center's cardio equipment and free weights. There's fun to be had when you stay at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberville Hotel New Orleans
- Iberville Suites New Orleans
- Iberville New Orleans