“Lots of room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Point Lonsdale, Australia
“Lots of room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is sort of the apartment version of the adjoining The Ritz Carlton. Our room was great. Basically walked into a lounge room (which had a sofa bed if needed) then the adjoining room the bedroom with a wonderful king sized bed. Good fittings and our courtyard adjoining position meant it was very quiet. Great location in the French Quarter. Two large TVs a good bathroom completed the comfort zone. Reception is a bit layed back, and breakfast is like a convenience store but in a comfortable lounge setting. We were happy with the style, comfort and price. It's more like an apartment than a hotel, but that suited us fine. Keep going past Bourbon St towards the French Market on the river, the shops and galleries are fun and interesting.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear VFrequentTravellers,

Thank you for providing feedback on many aspects of your stay!

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the layout and amenities of our King Suite guestroom. In regards to the reception, I will take your feedback of "laidback service" back to my team to ensure that we are always providing upbeat on point service as this is something we strive to provide to each and every one of our guests. Again I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us; we hope to have you again as one of our guests.

Kind Regards,

Celeste B
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We booked a room with 2 king beds in a "suite" style room. This room was great for 2 couples who don't mind sharing a bathroom. One bed is in a separate bedroom with a barn-style door for privacy. The bathroom door is also barn-style and ours would NOT stay closed. We ended up propping it with a chair when someone was showering so it wouldn't slowly roll open. This was probably an issue particular to our room, and wouldn't affect my choice to stay here again.

The room was a little more expensive, and the parking was $$, but we enjoyed the location immensely. We were right there in all the action, without having to listen to it all night long. Our room on the 8th floor was very quiet, even though it faced the street. My one complaint is the layout of the room left little space for hanging out. We had to all sit on one bed to be in the same room. If you're not going to be in the room very much, this won't be an issue.

The lobby is kind of odd when you first arrive, as you check in on the second floor, but we got used to it quickly. There is a small Starbucks in the lobby, which was very convenient, though the morning "barista" was not very pleasant. She didn't seem too thrilled to be working there.

The parking attendants were very nice, though not always readily available. We tried to call down for our car ahead of time, but no one answered the phone. Then we waited several minutes at the valet desk before someone told us to knock on a side door to get the valet's attention. If we had known that from our first day, we would have spent a lot less time waiting on our car!

Overall I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again. Note for families, there is no pool in the hotel. You can use the spa at the adjoining hotel for a fee, but it's not a regular pool. Normally I would not care about a pool in a hotel, but after coming in from the heat and humidity, we all would have loved to go for a swim.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid the street noise.
Green Features: There is only one place to hang a towel in the room, so reusing towels wasn't practical.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rachel P
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear rachspin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville. I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and that you would recommend to us to your friends and family.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of the Starbucks coffee that we proudly brew in our cafe, as this is something we offer to our guests as a convenience to recharge during their stay. I apologize for the "not too thrilled" service you received when ordering your coffee, I will be sure to discuss this with my team to ensure it does not continue to happen.

I appreciate your detailed information on your valet experience, I will take this back to the valet team to make sure that their service is improved.

All of your feedback and thoughts are extremely valuable as everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Celeste B.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was my first trip to New Orleans, hence the lengthy review. I traveled alone on business.

I agree with the comments regarding the somewhat inelegant entry to the cavernous and rather utilitarian 2nd floor hotel lobby. The lobby, however, is bright, clean and peppered with Windows workstations and printers which are a major plus for business travelers. I pay my own business travel expenses and I found the room rates are more than competitive. The friendly front desk provided a courtesy upgrade to a king suite which I found to be spotless, well designed and dead silent. I value sleep quality above all else and found the beds and linens very comfortable and the black-out blinds were sufficiently effective.

Skip the hotel "dining". Good for emergencies but little else. With the amazing restaurants around almost every corner, many open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (e.g. Bourbon House Seafood less than a block away) there is no need to eat at the hotel.

The location inside the Canal St. edge of the French Quarter is also ideal for the business traveler as it gives excellent walking-distance access to the business district, the French quarter and, a bit further on, the French Market areas. Canal Street is around the corner, giving access to the giant hotels that host many conventions, There are always taxis at the front door as well as frequent trolly cars on Canal Street to make getting around town easy. A car is not necessary because the airport cab rate is only $33 for up to 2 passengers, the Canal St. trolly is around the corner and everything of interest seems to be within walking distance. Airport car rentals can be dirt cheap (I was quoted $22/day including taxes by one of the majors) but hotel parking costs more than the car.

Let me add that, to my eye, central New Orleans shows virtually no sign of the devastating hurricane 10 years ago. One native to whom I spoke observed that the de-population of the city following the storm has been largely reversed and that the new residents are coming from different parts of the US and have improved the mix of values, work ethic and culture. The levee system has been completely restored and improved and the city is now well protected from future devastation. I am told that past endemic political corruption is being brought under control and a former mayor is now awaiting sentencing. This town deserves government that is as honest as the people seem to be.

As a solo business traveler I found the people of New Orleans very friendly (strangers sometimes nod and say "hello" in passing on the sidewalk) and I plan to return with my wife for a vacation. The dining is truly, truly original and extraordinary and the city is steeped in history. Think old Quebec City in the tropics and slightly decaying. Truly the Big Easy.

Room Tip: If you are looking for silence, ask for a room on a mid-to-higher floor facing the internal courtyar...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Sam-in-Toronto
Dear Sam-in-Toronto,

Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel and New Orleans! I am sure a lot of people will find your feedback very useful when planning their trip to NOLA.

I will have to agree that our lobby is very wide and open; it leaves several areas for guests to work, meet, and eat. With us being a Courtyard we value or business traveler as much as our leisure guest so we made sure to make enough space for our guests to comfortably convene outside of their guestroom. I'm delighted to hear that we were able to upgrade you to our King Suite and that it fits your values as a frequent traveler.

Again, I thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us on your stay in New Orleans. We hope if you should return to the area, whether it is for business or leisure you will stay with us again!

Kind Regards,

Celeste B.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel and the rooms are very nice, but I will never stay here again or recommend it because the staff was TERRIBLE. No matter what I was trying to do, I had to go find someone to help me. When I tried to check in (after 3:00), they told me I would have to wait. I told them I would be at the bar getting a drink, and of course, no one ever came to the bar area. My bags took over 30 minutes to get to my room, and I had to call to find out where they were because I was going to be late for the event I came in town for and had to get ready. When I was checking out, I asked the man at the front desk where to go to get something, he mumbled an answer back. I asked him to clarify and received a sarcastic, overly-enunciated response. I really did not appreciate this type of service on my vacation and will not return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie B
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Marie B,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. I am disappointed to hear you were not happy with the level of service you experienced at our hotel. I know when staying at a Marriott Hotel, you have high expectations and apologize you did not feel our hotel was up to par. I would really appreciate if you can call the hotel at 504-5236-2400 to discuss the situation further. I am going to address this with the team and I hope to get a chance to discuss this with you in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located in the French Quarter. There is no free parking but when you do park everything is within walking distance. The rooms are spacious and the bed is quite nice. As usual for a Courtyard any meal is not included and at an extra cost. The price of the room was reasonable for this time of year. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Brackjr
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Brackjr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites and prime location in the French Quarter. We look forward to greeting you again in the future.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

One of the conditions of my booking was that I would be charged for the first night if I cancelled within a day of arrival. As I had to change my plans, I was reconciled to this, but the hotel very kindly said that they would not charge me for the late cancellation. When I arrived I was upgraded to a suite - another pleasant surprise. Rooms are comfortable - the coffee maker and free wifi a bonus. Roomy bathroom and excellent shower. Quiet and unobtrusive housekeeping. The hotel is quite conveniently located at the Canal Street end of Iberville so that a walk to the riverfront or across Canal to St. Charles Avenue or Magazine doesn't seem too long. I recommend a visit to the World War II memorial Museum in Magazine - I spent a few hours there and didn't even get to the airplanes. Loved the Enigma machine and the explanation of how it worked. Also the video interviews with those involved in the war effort at home and abroad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Appius,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. At the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard, we understand plans change when traveling, and glad to hear we were able to accommodate your changes. I agree, the WWII Museum is a great place to visit, and the team does a great job explaining events surrounding WWII. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and hope to see you again in the future

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Close to everything you need to see and do. Cozy & spacious room. I didnt even take pictures because the room looked exactly like the pics on the sight amazing. We stayed in a 2 king room which was like 2 rooms in one. One for the night person-me- closest to the door, no light from the window to disturb you and a little noise from the drunken/happy passers by in the hall way[we were right off the elevator] and another for the morning person- quiet with bright light from the window and a sliding door to separate the 2 spaces. The staff were great the room service -provided by the ritz carlton next door was tasty and the staff were very accommodating. Bourbon street a block away and the other must see spots were either in walking distance or easy to get to via street car. Taxis available right across the street should you need one. Would definitely reccomend this convenient & lovely Hotel.

Room Tip: if you want total peace and quiet don't stay near the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Travelchic269,

Wow- what a great headline!! Happy to hear the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard exceeded your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the unique relationship we have with the Ritz Carlton as well as our DOUBLE KING rooms. Hope to see you again in New Orleans!