“Can't go wrong here !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #16 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morganville, New Jersey
“Can't go wrong here !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very nice king suite !! Very clean and very new !! Away from the crazy of Bourdon st. but close enough. Don't do the stay for breakfast it was HORRIBLE and not worth the extra cost. There are so many Great places all around for breakfast!! A little strange is the elevator that you take up to the 2nd or 3rd floor( I don't remember because the Ritz is attached and if you stay at the Ritz would would do the same routine )then get off , walk through the lobby to get to the 2nd elevator to take you to your floor. Didn't bother me, hubby didn't care for it. Plus free WIFI.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Debbiek9
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Hi Debbiek9,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us, I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the accommodations of our king suite!

Being in New Orleans we understand that excellent cuisine is on just about every corner of the city, so we understand if you chose to dine outside of the hotel for breakfast during your stay.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our amenities to meet the expectations and standards of our valued guests, so again thank you for your feedback of different aspects during your stay.

Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Greek first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel location was great, enough away from the festivities of Bourbon street, but close enough where you could walk there within two minutes. Staff was wonderful, and the hotel rooms were the best I've stayed at in years. We had two king sized beds, each bed having it's own TV set. The bathroom decor was very nice. And the main bed located by the window was separated by a sliding door. Great for families.

The building had gone through recent renovations, and we really enjoyed the modern style and general building details. Parking was a bit pricey. But overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

But not so close you can't sleep. Wow, great location, only a block or so off Bourbon street. Great staff - very friendly. Had a large suite - 2 kings with a bathroom between. Overlooked the roof.

Rooms are spotless and linens smelled clean - I slept like a baby, but it could be the miles of walking we did.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The more I think about this place the more I like it. It has two very strong positives. First it is a block away from Bourbon Street or Canal. Second, It has a really friendly and helpful staff. This is not your normal Courtyard. It looks like it is located in an older building than has been remodeled for a Courtyard. It seemed like the rooms were a bit smaller than a normal Courtyard. In order to get the the ground floor fem a room you you have to take 2 sets of elevators. I felt the price I paid was fair considering its location and it is a Courtyard. There were a couple of minor negatives. The lock on our door did not work well. We had to get new keys made twice in a two day stay. The maid forgot to replenish the in room coffee on the second day. The carpet in our had a serious stain. Our room had the record for the worst view of any hotel in New Orleans. I can’t imagine a worse view (north looking up to the freeway.) But we were not in our room very much so the view for us was not an issue. Even with these minor negatives I liked the hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a old view do not get room 719.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Celeste B, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello Paul M.,

You are absolutely right in saying we are not your normal Courtyard, our room types are a bit different than your standard Courtyard. The hotel was remodeled in a building that has been here for many years and became a Courtyard in 2012. I am delighted that your stay with us at was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts on some issues that arose during your stay with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you're in New Orleans!

Thank you again.
Foley, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We visitied this hotel for Spring Break along with two family members. The room had two king size beds in it! One side closed off like a regular bedroom. It was a wonderful room and a very nice hotel. This hotel was close enough to the street car to take a ride to French Quarters if you didn't want to walk and only 2 blocks away from MANY great restaurants! It was a very short trip for us this time, but we will return and stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor and it was quiet!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Location is awesome. You are right off of Bourbon street, so you don't get as much of the noise as you would on Bourbon. I considered a few hotels that were a bit farther from bourbon but was pleased that we stayed here. When I return, I wouldn't mind actually staying on Bourbon. Rooms were clean as can be. The only downside is no hotel bar, but there are obviously plenty if bars around.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ndotwood
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just a block from Bourbon Street, Canal Street and a 15 minute walk to Jackson Square. This is the 2nd time I've been to this hotel during Jazz fest. I have to say though my first stay was better than this one - some things have changed. Don't expect to be greeted by the staff downstairs when your taxi lets you out...or be offered any help - this is a self service property.

The last time I was here, I was able to hang out with friends on a weekend evening with great snacks and the bar - now its closed at night? Strange.

Yes Jazz Fest is a busy time, but when is it slow in NOLA? In booking the room via main reservations, I was not told ahead of time that the rate was full pre-pay...when I called the hotel directly to inquire about my stay, they said it wasn't (which concurred with my account online), but a couple of weeks before I traveled - yup, they took the whole amount. There is no mobile check in at this property - why not? And definitely get a room on a higher floor away from the street, as Bourbon Street will keep you up until 4 am. And can we get an AC unit that doesn't short cycle all night long - or sound like a freight train? If we have to have one...can we put it in the suite part so it doesn't keep you up once the noise from outside goes away?

I was also disappointed that they didn't have any information ahead of time - like the fact that they contract with one of the companies for a shuttle to Jazz Fest. Assuming this wasn't the first year they did this, why didn't anyone know about it before hand?

I'm a bit disappointed given my wonderful experience last year, and given that I'm a regular Marriott customer, very disappointed in the service.

Room Tip: high floor, away from the street.
Green Features: I think they are just fine...though you need to watch the towels - they don't always give you back all of the linens you need
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tamara B
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Tamara B,

Thank you for choosing the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard for your stay again during Jazz Fest. I am sorry to hear you did not feel your experience was great as 2013. Our Cafe is open each evening from 5:00-10:00PM for dinner and drinks, as well as for breakfast each morning. I will certainly bring your concerns to the team, as we continuously strive for excellence and demonstrate Marriott's "Spirit to Serve". Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to greet you again in the near future.
Regards,