“right near bourbon street”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Located pretty much in the French Quarter.

It's literally a block away from Bourbon street, so you get the best of both worlds. You can have a quiet atmosphere away from all the drunken bachelor/frat guys. Or, you can walk right over and have a drink (or five).

There's a fake Starbuck's in the lobby - as in they just sell Starbuck's coffee. From a thermos. There's also a bar but I doubt anyone's really going there with the bajillion bars nearby.

There's a fitness center. There's no pool but there is one in the connected Ritz Carlton that you can use for a $10 fee, I believe.

The rooms are clean. The bathrooms seem like they've been remodeled. I also liked the fact that our room had a separate (kitchen-esque) sink.

If I ever come back to NOLA, I would deffo stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie T

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was impeccably clean and the beds were comfortable. There are no bathtubs. One of the drawing points is the relationship with the Ritz-Carlton where you can relax in a beautiful outdoor area. Do get on one of the higher floors. I went with four girlfriends and learned that the room with two king beds is more comfortable than the king suite. The last night I stayed on the 10th floor facing the river. Much quieter than the 7th floor facing Iberville. The first night our room keys stopped working for the two rooms we rented sporadically. It was fixed but I also heard some other customers complaining about the same problem. There is an AARP/AAA discount. You need to ask for it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank DorothyOxnard
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I would like to thank you and your girlfriends for staying with us and I am glad you were able to enjoy yourselves. I do apologize for your key issue this was a brief issue that was corrected. If you ever return to our hotel we do have 30 rooms with bathtubs however they are on the lower floors and only in our king suites or queen suites.

Again thank you for your feedback and staying with us

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked a King Suite for four nights. The initial room was not acceptable but the staff worked with us until we found one we liked. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of everything and the staff and housekeeping were very helpful. The entrance is kind of strange as you have to take an elevator to the second floor for the lobby, and then another elevator to the rooms. The room was updated nicely and was clean and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a view
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was recommended by friends who visit NO frequently and we could not have been more pleased with our stay. We arrived from a cruise ship at 9AM and were welcomed by Jay, the bellman and the front desk staff who gave us a lovely room at that early hour. The hotel is a block from Canal St and a block and 1/2 from Bourbon St. It is clean and comfortable. We felt the price was reasonable for the comfortable suite that we had. The room was very quiet. We used the safe deposit box at the front desk numerous times and the staff was always friendly about opening it for us. We enjoyed restaurants that they recommended too. We would definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to have you with us again. I would also like to thank your friends for recommending us to you.

Have a great day

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great Hotel! Close to everything, including restaurants and Bourbon st. Can walk to anyplace in the French Quarter with ease. Hotel was very clean and staff very helpful and friendly. They even recommended a few places to eat and see while we were there. Would definately stay there next time we goto New Orleans....

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I traveled to New Orleans alone to meet up with friends and I wanted a clean, quiet and safe hotel that I would feel secure in and also give me some much needed down time from the busy French Quarter. This hotel fit the bill. At the recommendation of other Trip Advisors I asked for a room on one of the higher floors since it would be quieter and it was. The hotel was located only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet (at least on the non-street side)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we were able to provide you with enough down time to recharge. Hope to have you with us again.

Have a great day

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties and travel to New Orleans a few times per year. We have stayed at the several other Marriott properties a few blocks down Canal Street. I thought this location might be a nice change of pace for virtually the same per night price.

There were a lot of good things about the hotel, but as many irritating/bad things.

First, the most disconcerting part...upon check in, we went upstairs to our room to find our door wide open. I called the guest services number to tell them we were concerned and perhaps they had double-booked the room. The staff member simply responded, "No, it's because I was just in there." I didn't even know what to say, and frankly was exhausted from a long day of travel. We locked the door and started unpacking, later finding a used wash rag on the bathroom floor and garbage in the bathroom trash can. A strange and a bothersome way to start our trip.

I also thought it was odd and inconvenient that to get to the lobby, you have to take 2 different elevators.

When we checked-in, there was only 1 person working and several guests in line. I did not feel like the staff at check-in (or for the rest of the week-long stay) was as friendly/greeting/accommodating as my experiences at other Marriott properties. For instance, the valet never once acknowledged us or even looked our direction coming and going from the hotel. It just seemed "cold."

There was a safe in the room, but it was broken.

Nonetheless, I thought the room layout and design for the "King" room was very nice. The front room has a nice large couch, television and work desk. The room likewise had a small "kitchenette" area with a sink and a good-size refrigerator. Additionally, there was a microwave down the hall in the room with the ice machine. The bathroom was clean and recently remodeled. The bedroom had a separating door and was likewise well laid-out and furnished. Bed was very firm (which I like). There was a clean well-equipped gym. There was a computer in the lobby available to print airline boarding passes at no cost. And the location was very convenient to the French Quarter and CBD.

1  Thank Daniel O
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear DMO1976,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard. I am sorry to hear you did not have a great stay as many of the other reviewers of Tripadvisor. I will be sure to address the housekeeping team about the condition of your suite upon arrival. I will also address the valet and front desk team and take this as a learning experience for the team. I am happy to hear you did enjoy the size and layout of the room as well as the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you for your constructive feedback and hope to see you at the New Orleans Iberville Courtyard in the near future.

Regards,