“Great value, great location, great choice, especially for families”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #23 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Great value, great location, great choice, especially for families”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and 11-year old daughter and I stayed here recently for just one night and were sorry that we could not stay longer. This is probably the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed in. We had a King suite, which had a bedroom with King bed, and separate living area with a sleeper sofa. We also had a mini refrigerator. The seating area was nice because the sleeper sofa was longer than most with a chaise lounge at one end, so the three of us could comfortable watch tv together. The bedroom also had a TV so that was nice.

The lobby area was attractive, with a restaurant and Starbucks. I think the restaurant has limited hours, but it is at least open for breakfast. The Courtyard is actually in the same building as the Ritz Carlton, so you could always eat there, or one of the many wonderful nearby restaurants.

It's a short walk to Bourbon Street (just one or two blocks) and about a 15 minute walk to Cafe du Monde, for frame of reference.

I didn't use the workout room on this trip, but it looked like a typical Courtyard workout room with one or two treadmills and elliptical trainers, plus some dumbbells I think.

I would definitely stay here again and in fact, look forward to the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dana S
Frank R, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us although it was for only one day we hope to have you, your husband and daughter back with us when you have more tiime to spend. Thank you for the comments about the hotel and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The location of this hotel was ideal for me, its in the French Quarter, not even 2 bloks from Bourbon st, yet on a quiet side st. Our room was great, we had a 2 King bed room, and one of them was actually in a separate bedroom. The hotel was clean and quiet, can't ask for much more from a Courtyard. The lobby is nice, they have the usual Bistro and Sbucks set up. This hotel doesn't have a bar or restaurant, but it is connected to the Ritz which does. All and all, a great place for a short visit to NoLa

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SPBboston
Jeff A, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hi SPboston,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our hotel up to the standard of Marriott Courtyard. Thank you for highlighting the unique relationship with the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans where Courtyard guests are able to use the same amenities of the luxury hotel. We look forward to your next trip to Nola.

Warm Regards,
Jeff Ault
Assistant General Manager
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel is off Iberville and close to Bourbon Street. Canal Street is also a short walk. Even though the streets are narrow - always felt safe. Staff makes you feel welcome and supplies you with maps and recommendations of the area. Very clean hotel is very comfortable rooms. Restricted hour for the lounge and coffee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary1947_12
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. I do appreciate your feedback, Thank you!
indianapolis
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was really happy with this hotel. I was in town for 1 night for a business meeting and this hotel was a great option for me. The staff upon check in, was friendly and helpful. The rooms were great- pics don't do them justice. Very large (I didn't really need all the space, but too much is better than not enough), well decorated, and comfortable. Only slight negative is that I wanted to grab a quick dinner on my own and while there is a small café in the lobby (not sure about previous review that said there was nothing), but the options are very limited. Actually they had a few things on the menu like soup and salad I wanted to order, but they said they didn't offer them anymore due to lack of demand. So basically my dinner choices were 2 types of flat breads. That said, I got the flatbread and it was really very good. If you want a lot of options you'll have to walk somewhere else nearby. Overall, a great stay and I'm sure I'll come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank lindseybrow
Thank you for staying with us although it was short. Thank you for your comments concerning the limited selection of food for dinner in the Cafe. We are currently looking at other food offerings to enhance our guest experience
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was wonderfully decorated and comfortable. It was close to Bourbon and Canal streets for easy access while for the most part being quiet. What astounded us was the lack of a restaurant. We understand that there are many places to eat nearby but if you a looking for a quiet no hassle place to rest and eat then a hotel eatery is ideal. We ended up some nights going over the road to the Hyatt !

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank SBW09
San Marcos, TX
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed on previous trips to New Orleans in a historic boutique hotel and the Omni Royal Orleans (both nice but pricey options), I was very impressed with the Courtyard. The location was excellent - especially when you don't have access to a car. Easy to walk either into the Quarter, or take off across Canal. The decor was crisp and the facilities were clean. The Starbucks downstairs helped me get going in the morning. The room (a King Suite) was spacious and had more amenities than we had time to even enjoy. My only complaint is that the room was a little difficult to get to - had to weave thru narrow maze-like hallways - but that was a minor inconvenience. Would (and probably will) stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janice H
I want to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard and look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in New Orleans
decatur, al
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I wasn't sure what we would find so close to Bourbon street, but this Courtyard was great! Great rooms! Great service! and beautiful hotel! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something in NOLA!

Room Tip: The two bedroom on the 10th floor was great!