Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed this week at the above hotel. There is nothing I can fault about it. We arrived to a wonderful welcome from the young lady at the Front Desk. Named Shelita Foe. She was so welcoming and pointed us in the right direction for restaurants etc. The room was very nice with a wonderful comfy bed. Everyone we encountered was nice to us and the security people were very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great location. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The staff were professional, but not always friendly (some were, some weren't). My only major complaint is that I booked my room at a higher rate. After I checked in, I noticed that the rate had dropped $20 a night. Courtyard Marriott would not honor the new lower rate. I found that policy surprising and tacky. If they had gone above and beyond to appease our disappointment about the rate policy, my score would have been higher.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Generally, in New Orleans, I prefer to use a non-chain hotel, but found a good price here for a visit traveling with a friend. The two-bedded room that separates each bed into its own "room" with a sliding door kept us from having to get two singles and saved bucks. A delightful, patient front desk, especially Hannah, and pleasant housekeeping employees make their contribution. Very clean, certainly, and very comfortable beds. Yes, the location is great, especially if your plans take you uptown beyond Canal Street; you're a block from the St. Charles and Canal Street streetcars. (By the way, the St. Chas car now terminates at Napoleon Street because of track work; there's a bus that takes you on to the Riverbend area and the rest of the route.) And you're a couple of blocks from the hoorah of Bourbon Street, which seems to have gotten worse over the decades.

No full-length (or even 3/4-length) mirrors in the room. Quirky phones, although at least we had one by each bed and one at the desk, something I no longer take for granted. And it's really difficult to get close enough to the mirror for those of us without 20/20 vision and less than 6 feet tall, whether it's the one by the bar sink in the room or the one in the bathroom, thanks to that handsome sink with its raised edges. My 5'2" friend was in particular difficulty with that. Putting on makeup was tricky. No wastebasket in one of the bedrooms. No microwave, although friend and I disagreed over whether this was a problem. (Leftover duck from Upperline Restaurant....)

Fridge worked well, not always a given in hotel rooms. Wakeup call was by a person, not a machine. Good blackout shade. Televisions in each bedroom, which was particularly convenient. Mostly very good sound-proofing.

Despite my nit-picking, I'm still quite happy to give this 5 stars when you consider the room layout, the price, the staff and the location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lemons1
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Really a nice one. Very well located, at the French Quarter, but out of the hustle of Bourbon St. Within 2 minutes walk from Bourbon, 10 minutes from Jackson Square.
The rooms are vast, clean and well maintained. Quiet hotel, friendly stuff. Our room didn't have bathtub, which was ok for us. But if you need one, better check in advance if they have rooms with tubs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have stayed here twice, and enjoyed each visit. I love the location because it is actually in the French Quarter and I can leave the car in the garage and explore the entire French Quarter on foot. It is also a short walk to the street car which is a cheap fun ride to the Garden District, Even though we stayed in the cheapest rooms, they were spacious. I have heard that some other French Quarter hotels have tiny, cramped rooms. This appears to be an old building that was converted or renovated to its present state, which is excellent. My only complaint is that it was expensive ($239 plus taxes and fees) and I had to pay in advance (non-refundable), and the parking is $34.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a view, so ask if you want a view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed December 3, 2013

On the edge of the French Quarter this hotel was very reasonable. We were within walking distance of several very good restaurants and only two blocks from the trolley system. The hotel offers an interesting bar, food if you are too beat to go out again after walking all day as we were, and a fitness center if you are so inclined. The desk personnel were very polite and helpful. I am the type that needs my coffee to wake up and appreciated the in room coffee maker. My only complaint was the lighting in the bathroom, it was not conducive to putting on makeup.
I would recommend leaving the car parked and taking the trolley to check out the famous graveyard, drop a few dollars at the casino and to hit the ferry. You can also use the trolley system to take you to the opposite corner of the quarter and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NurseSherry
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Just scan the other reviews and you will get a good feel for this great hotel. I am a Marriott Platinum member and this is my favorite courtyard in the US. It is in a great location for a weekend in NOLA. There is a decent fitness center to work off all the calories from this city's great food (or, you could decide to hit the art galleries on Royal Street instead & exercise in the French Quarter). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are super comfy.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple