“Great hotel!”

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville
Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Location is fantastic - close to Bourbon Street but far enough away to be away from mayhem. Rooms are huge with separate sitting area with tv and all have bar with sink and fridge. Beds are comfortable and toiletries are quality Paul Mitchell products. Huge windows but two kinds of blinds for desired darkness. Starbucks n the lobby with food also. Big spacious lobby nicely decorated. Staff was friendly and helpful. Also have small store for snacks and toiletries. Definitely would recommend and stay again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice and bright.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WG95125

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The location of this hotel could not have been better. One block from Bourbon Street at the street where it all starts/ends. Granted, the one block is a little sketchy, but it is the same exact sketchy block you would have to walk if you were staying at the Ritz. Spotless rooms, great beds, great layout to the room. Would not even consider staying anywhere else for a return trip. Had a room on an interior courtyard - no view, but no street noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Falcarragh13
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I visited New Orleans for the 1st time; had read positive reviews about the hotel but seeing is believing; location was perfect, couple streets over from the craziness of Bourbon; we walked to everything; area felt safe; room was immaculate and the décor up to date; 2 flat panel TV's, Ipod hookups, super comfortable bed; excellent hotel security and friendly staff; would stay again

Room Tip: location to area attractions was perfect
2  Thank TRAVELERSNewEngland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while attending the Essence Music Festival. Although the location is prime because it is within walking distance to Bourbon St and the French Market, the customer service at this hotel is lacking, to say the least. When we arrived on July 4th, and valet parked our vehicle, we were assured that our luggage would be brought to our room. 2 hours later, still no bags. My husband had to go down and get them. To his surprise they were housed in a small room waiting for the bellboy fairy to bring them up I suppose. When he inquired about why our bags were left sitting, the man stated, they "were busy". No apology. On a separate occasion, we asked the hotel to call us a cab to attend the Essence Festival that evening, and the front desk said "sure", but the concierge acted like he was too busy to accommodate such a request... We stayed in a suite so the room was spacious but the water smelled like mold and the walls were thin. The beds were very comfortable and the front desk personnel were friendly and personable. We also advised the hotel ahead of time that we were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel did nothing to acknowledge our special occasion. If you come to New Orleans, save a little bit more money and stay at the Ritz Carlton next door, we sure will. I would not recommend this hotel unless every other convenient location is booked. There are many other hotels in the area to choose from, so it should not be hard to find one that provides better customer service.

2  Thank Nicole O
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a long journey for me to travelled from Asia to New Orleans, I booked this hotel cos the comments on here and when I first entered to the room it was so much better than I thought. Room was huge and clean.... when I arrived at the hotel the reception lady was so kind to me even I had travelled more than 24 hours to get to NO... her smile was really cheer me up. I definitely will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location just a block off of Bourbon Street. Rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful. Can't really say anything bad about this property. Great choice especially for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have a hard time reviewing this hotel. I had mixed feelings. The hotel was super clean, room was great. We had a King Suite and it was perfect for my husband and I but would have been small for more than 2 people. There was no view but there was also no noise that would come with a view in New Orleans.
I did not love the location, we spent a ton of time walking to the other side of the french quarter. I would have liked to stay somewhere near Jackson's Square. I think the location was a big part of the reason I did not love the hotel.
Also we ordered room service one night and it was not good. They did not have a lot of the food I wanted to order and the food we did order was not good.
Overall for the price, I felt like this hotel was a good value. We had thought about staying at the Hyatt, The Saint, and The Ritz but I think they all seemed overpriced.