“OK”

Ranked #64 of 216 Tours in New Orleans
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We do 3 hour City Tours twice daily. We run everyday rain or shine. Our tours are 9 am and 2 pm. We pick you up from downtown hotels and drop you back off. We cover all the popular tour spots and more. Tours are on brand new comfortable mini buses with large windows for picture taking. We can go where large buses can not. All calls are answered by the owners.
Tampa, Florida, United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“OK”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Took a Sunday afternoon City Tour by small white bus. I enjoyed seeing the sights, however, the tour guide was WAY TOO FULL OF HIMSELF and bragged about NOLA, as if he built and owned the city! My city this, my city that, my Saints this, my Saints that.... we have the largest this, we have the biggest that, we won this award, we won that award... blah, blah, blah. To make matters worse, the bus was brand new, so our tour guide wouldn't let us bring a drink onboard, as if we were small children! Especially not pleased, as it was over 90 degrees outside! He did, however, make a stop mid-way through for about 20 minutes, so that we could stop for a potty and drink break! Actually this was the third long stop that I thought was TOO long, especially since the tour was only 2-3 hours to begin with. Another long stop was at the cemetery, which was unnecessary. He sat on the air-conditioned bus, and told us to go take a walk and look around! And here I thought he would be walking us through the cemetery telling us stories. The last long stop was in the Musicians Village. He stopped and suggested we get off with him and go talk to a former "famous" drummer who lived there and who he knew, while the drummer's friend tried to sell us CD's. Totally inappropriate if you ask me. Maybe if the tour guide were someone else, it would have been better? And unfortunately, I can't remember his name. Sorry.

1 Thank Vicki D

Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you should choose to tour with Southern Style tours, you must request John Hall - he was excellent and gives a personal, firsthand account. I would recommend to all my family and friends

1 Thank Tronna D
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour of The City”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been to New Orleans several times before. My friend and I decided to take a city tour and I am so glad we chose this one! I learned so much more about this city. Our tour guide was John Hall Sr. and he was great! He was very personable, and had a great sense of humor. He is very knowledgable about the city of New Orleans and gave us first hand accounts of the events leading up to, and during the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I saw places I never knew existed in the city. The wealthy areas were grand and a sight to see. The cemetery tours were great and it was nice to stop and see up close, the large, ornate plots located in some of the wealthier cemeteries. John pointed out some of the celebrity homes around town and I enjoyed that as well. This overall tour was wonderful and I do recommend it to anyone who wants to take a nice city tour.

1 Thank Renee' J
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Interesting Tour”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

John was a lively, talkative and interesting tour guide. He did a great job in giving us an overview of New Orleans and its suburbs. He had a good knowledge of the history, the culture, landmarks and was able to explain these al colorfully,

We learnt more about the impact of the flooding and the long arduous process of recovery than we expected. This is not a tour of the old french quarter which is more easily and enjoyably done on foot. This tour shows the wealthy middle class and poorer suburbs, the architecture, the institutions and includes an exceptional tour of the cemeteries.

A stop was included for coffee/ comfort break of 20 minutes

We learnt far more on this tour than we would have expected.
The tour bus was very clean and comfortable and uncrowded.
Would recommend.
We used a Groupon for half off, was excellent value.

Flat Rock, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“~nola~”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our guide was wonderful!
At first when we got on the bus it was hot and he didn't smile nor did he acknowledge us,not even a hello,but when the tour started he cranked on the air & he was the most personable gentleman with the utmost of knowledge.We learned from all his life experiences in NOLA!! I highly recommend this tour!!!

Visited May 2013