Our last minute planning and unwillingness to spend a fortune on a room in New Orleans prompted us to stay at the Baronne Plaza Hotel. This was a great choice!. It has a beautiful marbled lobby and the rest of the hotel is kind of art deco-ish. This place was so quiet - a much needed breath of fresh air after Burbon Street.
This hotel is a couple of blocks from Bourbon street, a block from Canal, and short walk to elegant dining, budget meals, and all sorts of restaurants in between. There is a Japanese restaurant/Sushi Bar and coffee house onsite and both appeared to be pretty busy. However, we chose to visit the French Quarter establishments i.e., Cafe du Monde, Ralph & Kacoo's, Pierre Masero's, etc., all were a very short walk from the hotel.
The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable (we both slept very well), and the staff was great. Onsite parking was a huge plus. However, the parking lot was not designed for large cars or SUV's. There was a rather large pickup in the parking lot, but I'm not sure how it got in there.
Overall, our stay was great. We will definitely stay at the Baronne Plaza Hotel the next time we visit the Big Easy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans