“Great Value and Stay for NFC Championship.”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #98 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Murfreesboro, TN
“Great Value and Stay for NFC Championship.”
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Despite some recent reviews our recent stay at this hotel was wonderful. We traveled with another couple for the NFC Championship game and found our rooms to be very clean and comfy. Upon check-in the air in our friends room was not working but within a few minutes of contacting the front desk they were there and resolved the matter very promptly. The parking is underground and kind of tight but the location provides easy access to the Dome and the French Quarter which makes for easy walking. The lobby was beautiful and a very quaint hotel with a great value. Only complaint would be that the room keys had to keep being reprogrammed and a very dated (paper) check-in system.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 24, 2010
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. On behalf of our entire hotel staff, we are excited you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you choose the Baronne Plaza again on your next visit to New Orleans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Thai first
Miami
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This place is the worst. When we checked in we had to put money on our credit card in case we did damage. They said this is to prevent the pimps and hookers from coming in. The attendant then said to the person next to us that they had to put less money on their credit card. When we went to our room, in the one elevator that was working, the beds were not fresh. There we numerous hairs on wrinkled sheets. We then had to go to another room. This one only had hair on the towels and I had to dry myself with a wash cloth. The next day, the earliest I could talk to the manager, he asked me what type of hairs they were. As if some are acceptable. When I got new towels, they had hair on them too. I purposely did not have housekeeping clean our room and I took a picture of the the sign in the room that offered to sell us the towel and sheets so we can take part of the hotel home with us! Also, they charge 10/day for a fridge that was so dirty that I put our food in bags before I put it in.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelSD
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Issues related to guest services and housekeeping has been rectified and it is certainly not acceptable for any of our hotel staff to not resolve an issue immediately. Reviews such as this help us to identify problems and make the Baronne Plaza experience what it should be, an unforgettable and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your business and are positive we can make your next stay with us a truly unforgettable experience if given the chance!

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

houston, tx
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Pros: 1. Close to Bourbon Street, but far enough away to sleep soundly. 2. Front desk staff responded very, very quickly to my complaint and made me feel at ease.

Cons: 1. Parking is expensive ($35/day??), inconvenient and there aren't enough spaces to accommodate guests; you can park for $20/day at the parking garage around the corner on University Place. 2. The hotel clearly states it's a nonsmoking facility, but I saw a guest smoke in the hallway while speaking to a hotel employee. The smoke seeped through my room. 3. Housekeeping is a JOKE. I found hairs in the bathtub, bathroom sink, and the coffee mug. I also found a pubic hair on the toilet seat (disgusting!) and a dead spider in the ice box. There was also a white stain on the black office chair that looks suspiciously like a bodily liquid I dare not say. I found blood stains on the comforter. 4. I had to run the water for about 45 minutes - 1 hour for the hot water to start; even then, the water pressure would go in and out, and the water would turn off about 5 times in the duration of my shower. I thought that maybe since the hotel was packed that day that it was normal for the water pressure to fluctuate. But no, this happened during my entire 3-night stay, no matter what time it was. 5. The bathroom outlet wasn't functioning. 6. I paid about $200/night for all these cons.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mwb1982
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Issues related to guest services or hotel policies are immediately rectified if notified to management in advance. As with the smoking issue, we are seriously enforcing our 100% smoke-free policy and any guests caught violating this policy will be penalized. Reviews such as this help us to identify problems and make the Baronne Plaza experience what it should be, an unforgettable and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your business and are positive we can make your next stay with us a truly unforgettable experience if given the chance!
lafayette, la
Reviewed November 22, 2009

During a recent "girl's weekend" we stayed in the Baronne Plaza. After reading many reviews, I was a little weary. But still decided to stay at the Baronne. I booked through the hotel online and received the November specials rate. The room came at a very reasonable price. The outside of the building is nothing spectacular, however the lobby and the interior decorations of the lobby and sitting area really make up for the exterior of the building. There is a parking garage underneath the building. The garage is convenient as you have easy access to your vehicle at any time you want and you have the comfort of knowing it is not parked in a parking garage some four blocks away.

The hotel has been very recently renovated and it looks great. The rooms are very clean and large. We stayed in a room with two double beds and an outside view (it seems as if these might be a bit larger). There was a desk, a chair, an ottoman, and a flat screen TV. A huge plus - the large amounts of electrical outlets in the room (a plus for four girls!) The bathroom was nice as well. The towels weren't that large, but when we asked for more immediately housekeeping arrived with some. The bed and pillow are unbelievably comfortable! No parts of the room seemed unclean or unkept. My ONLY complaint is that I could not connect to wireless in my room. There were many (about 20) signals that my computer picked up on, but none were even a little strong enough to work. However, I went down to the lobby and picked up on a strong signal.

The free breakfast in the morning was yummy! Coffee, juice, milk, bagels, waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, etc. The staff at the hotel and the breakfast are very friendly. The hotel's restaurant opened the Saturday night of our stay, but we did not try it. It is a sushi restaurant and smelled tasty!

During our stay one morning, a few rooms down from ours, a group of men and women began arguing VERY loudly in the hall. This was around 8:00 in the morning. Very quickly, the hotel staff took care of this problem and called the police who immediately came and seemed to be issuing tickets. I was quite impressed with the way the hotel handled the disturbance.

The Baronne Plaza is only about 3 blocks from Bourbon and just one block from Canal. We walked to the square a few times easily in about 15 minutes. The location is safe and located around many other hotels. There is also a Walgreen's only one block from the hotel on Canal street. A subway and a few finer restaurants are also located within one block of the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to families, friends, and anyone looking for a clean, reasonably priced location. It does not have all the bells and whistles of some of the more fancy hotels (no bellman, no pool or hot tub, no luxurious decorating), but the hotel is an awesome deal for the price you pay.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank vacationer789
On behalf of the entire Baronne Plaza Hotel staff, we are so delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay at our hotel! We hope to see you again at our hotel on your next trip down here to New Orleans!
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 8, 2009

when I booked it, its Website said it offered a Business Center, and in October, its in-room Guest Directory said this. There wasn’t any. Its Website says “New Orleans Airport Shuttle Service: $15.00” the in-room Guest Directory said it was $10), but when I called them in September to book, they referred me to a general shuttle service for $38 roundtrip. I was going to attend a number of group events at restaurants during my stay where we’d all settle up the final bill for cash, so I brought travellers’ cheques because plastic wouldn’t do. I was NEVER able to cash a travellers’ cheque at the Front Desk—the excuse was always that no one had paid them any cash yet that day!! I’ve never been in a hotel or even a motel where I couldn’t cash a travellers’ check. Being a weekend, the banks were closed and I was up a creek. The “free safe” didn’t lock in the first room they put me in (they wanted me to use the Front Desk’s safe deposit boxes; I insisted on a room with a working safe). In that room, the remote control didn’t operate the TV; I had to wait until someone came to program it. The Front Desk manager always looked like a tourist—dressed in slacks and a short-sleeved sport shirt, and he was not very concerned with customer service. There was no in-hotel food service!!!!! The entire lobby was under reconstruction, so both the restaurant and were shuttered. Any sensible hotel would have set up a complimentary 24-hour coffee and donut bar to compensate, but this place referred guests to the nearest off-site coffee shop. Another indicator of how off-base they are is that their time-zone clock for New York City showed the correct time for Denver. When I pointed this out, I got a blank stare. This is all a great shame because the rooms ARE newly renovated as their Website says and both the rooms and corridors look very, very nice and the beds were comfy. The towels were, however, very skimpy, and my cold sink faucet always dispensed warm water (nasty for brushing your teeth). Also, most (maybe all) rooms don’t have outside windows; instead they have windows onto the central court of the building.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Issues related to guest services and/or services that were not provided during your stay with us have been rectified and improved. We now offer breakfast in our newly renovated lobby area, a complimentary business center where guests can check their e-mails and print-out boarding passes and also an on-site Japanese Sushi Bar. In addition to all these upgrades, we also offer a spacious ballroom and two small meeting rooms. Reviews such as this help us to identify problems and make the Baronne Plaza experience what it should be, an unforgettable and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your business and are positive we can make your next stay with us a truly unforgettable experience if given the chance!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We were in town for the Giants game and with two other conventions in town that weekend, were not able to get a great deal on a hotel like we usually do. We wound up at the Baronne because we had 15 people and just needed a place to sleep for a reasonable price and the options were low this particular weekend. We wound up in a handicapped-accessible room so our stay was a bit better than the others we stayed with due to the size of the room and bathroom, but the other rooms were definitely small and had no windows. I have to say the rooms and beds were a bit nicer than I expected due to the recent renovation and it was very clean so that was good. The main part of the hotel is going through a renovation so its a bit weird that everything in the lobby is a mess but it really didn't affect us much. The location is good, just a block from Canal St I think and few blocks to all the craziness on Bourbon. If I had to stay there again due to lack of availability for better hotels I would, but the last time we managed to get a cheaper rate at the JW Marriott so obviously had better value on that trip. We did get to a great dinner while we were there at Cochone, I definitely recommend that place. The food was outstanding and they were definitely accommodating for a large group. We also went to DBA the last night on Frenchman Street and had a great time with the live band, definitely was a great bar.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for some of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Issues related renovations have been rectified and our hotel has not only been updated, but we now offer guests even more reasons to stay with us such as a hot/cold breakfast buffet served in our newly renovated lobby area, a complimentary business center for guests to check e-mail and print boarding passes and an on-site Japanese Sushi Bar. Reviews such as this help us to identify problems and make the Baronne Plaza experience what it should be, an unforgettable and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your business and are positive we can make your next stay with us a truly unforgettable experience if given the chance!
dirtbag, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2009

NO Handicap Parking or security. Front Desk told us to park right in front of lobby doors with handicap sticker in window. During nite someone tried to steal car, when that did not work the stripped everything off car they could, including tag. Next day staff acted as if this was common occurrence. Police never showed when called.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Baronne Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Issues related to guest services and on-site security has been rectified and it is certainly not acceptable for any of our hotel staff to misinform our hotel guests. As with all U.S. downtown cities, public parking is normally available for a fee (parking your vehicle on city property is never recommended) and if a guest needs assistant with handicap parking, our staff will be more than obliged to find suitable parking. Reviews such as this help us to identify problems and make the Baronne Plaza experience what it should be, an unforgettable and memorable experience. We truly appreciate your business and are positive we can make your next stay with us a truly unforgettable experience if given the chance!