“Great budget hotel”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #100 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
albany, ny
Reviewed May 9, 2005

I have stayed at the Baronne Plaza for the past three years during Jazz Fest. It's location is close to the French Quarter, streetcar, and 24 hour Walgreens. I have had no problems with noise, staff or cleanliness.
This was my tenth time to New Orleans and believe me it is find in a city of steadily rising hotel prices.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Baltimore
Reviewed May 6, 2005

The service was terrible. I checked out the first night that I stayed there. Due to the fact that the trip was booked through Expedia, and due to the fact that the hotel claimed that I stayed there the whole trip, I was never refunded my money.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2005

We stayed here for 4 nights in the week leading up to Jazzfest in April. Seriously, I can't understand the negative reviews that have been posted here, because the Baronne was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at ANYWHERE in the US. Sure, a lot of the rooms don't have outside windows, but that was a bonus for us - kept out the street noise and the light in the mornings! Not that there was any street noise - it's just far away enough from Bourbon St to be nice and quiet, but close enought to be convenient. And as someone else pointed out, the 24hr Walgreens a block away is a definite bonus. No complaints at all about cleanliness or housekeeping - our room was cleaned every day, and when the flush lever on our toilet broke, it was fixed within an hour of us telling them. Architecturally, I loved it! The restaurant attached is great, more than just a cafe. And the desk staff we dealt with were all absolutely lovely (especially Kathleen), and did everything they could to help, booking tours for us and calling to sort out a problem we had with the airport shuttle at 4 a.m.! It felt like a much more expensive hotel to us, and we won't hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommended!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review as well as the recommendation! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed April 18, 2005

I normally do not write reviews for anything, but my experience at the Baronne was so terrible, that I want to warn anyone that may be considering this as an option for a New Orleans trip !
I stayed there for Mardi Gras in 2004. I have stayed in approximately 10 different New Orleans hotels on my visits to the Big Easy.
This is the worst - by far. I understand that most hotels use wristbands during Mardi Gras, and I have never had a problem with this. When we checked in on Thursday, the wristbands were not ready, we were told to come back later. I went and obtained mine the next day, but the front desk staff would not let me get the ones for my 3 friends that were listed guests in the room as they had to get them for themselves.
When my friends tried to get them later, they were told that the replacement fee was $50 per wristband, even though they had never picked up the original. The desk personnel threatened to call the cops if we tried to enter our hotel without the wristbands. Luckily they were horribly understaffed and had no way of preventing access to the hotel.
The valet was also horrible, it took 40 minutes to retrieve my vehicle on Friday morning.
In summary, stay at the Alexa or Marriott, they are both great.
If you are looking for low prices for a room, you are better off to take a cab to Metarie or sleep on the street. They could not pay me to come back !!!

• Stayed: February 2004
1  Thank MCarroll95

Virginia
Reviewed April 4, 2005

I just came back from New Orleans. The hotel is not high class but its nice. Its a great price and a great location. If you want to be near the quarter but not in the chaos then its the place to stay. Its only a minute walk from Bourbon Street. The hotel is clean and nice in the inside. It is like a Hampton Inn hotel as far as I am concerned. Just a nice clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 31, 2005

I stayed at the Baronne Plaza this past week and enjoyed my stay very much. The room was large and clean with nice windows. The hotel is very unique on the outside and has incredible architectural details on the inside, (stained glass, marble, etc.) The staff was very helpful and friendly. The bistro downstairs has great food.
Being located only 1 1/2 blocks from the quarter made this hotel the best deal for the money. We paid $69 a night, Tues.-Thurs. Well lit, safe neighborhood so that we could walk back and forth to the quarter. Not a very fancy place, but who goes to New Orleans to hang out at the hotel? Perfect for the budget traveler.

• Stayed: March 2005
9  Thank Traciwithaneye
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Oklahoma
Reviewed March 24, 2005

Stayed there for 3 nights with my spouse and the room was clean, quiet, and simple. Not much to complain about since we weren't looking to pay over $100 a night for a room but we never expected that at $70 a night, we were getting a good bargain because the rooms were overall well kept! I'm already thinking about staying at the Baronne next year for Mardi Gras because it's in a good location, and it's not pricey like the Fairmont (don't even get me started on that hotel!!). I would definitely recommend it to occupants who want a simple, clean, and a good priced room. And as for the negative feedback by others on tripadvisor, maybe it just wasn't your luck....but it sure was mine!! =P

• Stayed: March 2005