If location is important and it was for us because we wanted to be central and within walking distance to the French Quarter and other attractions but far enough away from the noise this is a good choice. The front desk lady greeted us warmly, told us how to get to various places of interest, places close by to eat, and made us feel very welcome. There is construction going on directly across from the hotel daily, this did not bother us in the least as we were up and out early enough, and returned late enough to be not bothered by noise. The room was a good size and the beds were super comfy. The room was inexpensive. Those were the good points. However,
The hotel is very old looking and a bit run down to the point where (even though it is clean) it does not feel clean. It is definitely in need of updating and the upholstered furniture looks beyond dated.
The coffee shop in the lobby was not open when it was supposed to be and the counters and microwave were filthy. There is a restaurant also off the lobby, but we did not dine there. I don't think I would choose to stay at this hotel again, unless it was 'cleaned up'. Sorry, I really hate to be negative, this hotel was just very unappealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans