Hotel is an older, updated property. Has a pretty lobby, sort of curvy art deco. There is wear and tear showing, but nothing was so horribly distressed as to be unusable.
Service: Only there one night, didn't need much. That said, everyone was friendly and helpful.
Room: plenty big, though some don't have the best views. Our beds were very comfortable; plenty of space in the bathroom, nice toiletries.
Location: kind of perfect. walking distance from a lot of places, including the French Quarter. In a way it's better to be a bit removed from that hustle, party atmosphere.
Needs improvement: rooms did have that humid, musty smell.. not uncommon in older properties. A quick spritz of air freshener and cranking up the a/c did the trick though they get enough complaints they should fix that bad first impression. The parking was limited, tough to maneuver in a large vehicle; again, not uncommon still something in the negative column.
Got this via a Priceline bid and getting a 'bargain' may sway my rankings, but let's face it - most hotels are overpriced. I'd never pay the rack rate (for this or any hotel), that said if I got this place again I'd be very happy with my win.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans