“Not a great experience.”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #101 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I travel a lot on business and have never posted a review....but.......This place is pretty bad. This hotel is not a "customer first" experience. The Valet Parking they offer is not staffed meaning I had to track someone down. The Room Service they offer in the "in-room" dining brochure is from the local "City Diner" which is attached to the hotel. When I called the room service number, it routed to someone at the front desk who told me "sorry, we really don't have room service". When I tried to get coffee at the in-house Coffee Bar, "PJs" there was no one behind the counter to wait on me. I had to track down someone to make my coffee. If they want repeat business, they sure didn't act like it! Bummer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

Most of our guests have a positive experience and we again, apologize if yours was not. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We decided to stay at this location due to the great rate we received as well as location. Location was excellent.
Now the not so great...
Parking was terrible! The parking garage has these huge columns in the way that makes parking an adventure. The parking garage could work if a little time were spent simply re-striping parking spaces to make better use of the space.
Paper thin walls. We spent our evenings listening to a snorer who in my opinion really needed medical attention. We went as far as calling their room and hanging up just to wake them up for a few moments of peace. Another night involved listening to someone vomit all night. Well, it is New Orleans. The fun with lack of sleep really started when the fire alarm went off around 2am. We never saw any member of the staff in order to know what we needed to do, so we all got dressed and went outside. There was a fire truck out front and was leaving when we were just getting outside. We all went back to our rooms, fell back asleep, and listened to the fire alarm again! This happened three times during the night. The only reason we were ever told about the alarm going off came from another guest who said he had heard it was a system glitch.
On Thanksgiving Day, we left a note in our room for the housekeeper asking that she just bring fresh towels, hoping that not cleaning our room would get her home to her family a little quicker. She did just as instructed. She just forgot to shut the door behind her. The room was left open all day. Luckily everything was there when we returned.
The first shower of our stay was pretty cool. We called the front desk to check if there was a hot water issue. He said he was assured the problem was fixed and just to let the water run for a few minutes. Thank goodness it warmed up!
Forget ever getting into the business center. Apparently this area was only used for entertainment for kids.
The diner in the lobby was just gross! There was a nice thick layer of funk on the menu as well as everything else. The coffee place was good!
Service and staff was scarce throughout our stay. It was a holiday weekend, but the few times we actually interacted with the staff, friendly they were not.
It is safe to say that my family will not be returning to this hotel.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The accommodations were wonderful. Big spacious room with pillow top beds, down comforters and pillows. Plush robes and slippers were waiting for us. The room was spotless. Located right in between the Market and the French Quarters within walking distance. Staff was friendly and professional. Whenever I'm in New Orleans I will be staying here. After serious price comparison costs was reasonable. All in all had a blast.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here for the Bayou Classic checked in on 11/28/2013 and checked out on 12/1/2013. On 11/28/2013 when we checked in the staff(Michael) was very nice and polite. He was very helpful and had a great attitude. Parking was not a problem for us. Check in process was not long at all. The room was very clean and smelled good. My family and I went out for a walk and needed directions back to the hotel. We called the hotel and the staff(Deidra) was very helpful with given us directions back to the hotel. She was very patience with me. Unfortunely, around 2 am the fire alarm went off. My family and I proceeded downstairs to the main lobby. The fire department came and we was ensured that everything was okay and we could return back to our room. The alarm went off two more times that night but everything was okay. I went to the front desk after the alarm went off the second time and left my name and number for the manager to contact me when he come in. The manager(Josh) did call and was very apologetic. He was very pleasant and accommodated my family and I. We had no problems with the staff they were excellent. Micheal was awesome he showed us good hospitality. Every time my daughter and I walked passed the desk and Michael was there, we had to stop and talk to him.We also stopped and talked to Deidra. They made our stay very comfortable. My family and I felt like we were apart of their family. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to New Orleans. Its the perfect spot and walking distance to everything. If you decided to stay at this hotel please get to know this staff. They are so professional and caring. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013