Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #100 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
White Rock, Canada
“Rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beware that the king bed rooms, from what Front Desk told me, are inside rooms with small windows that face in. If you are a bit claustrophobic like me you will want the double bed rooms where the windows will be a bit larger and face the street . We found that the window treatments in our king bed room needed to be drawn because I always felt people were looking in as they walked by so I went to the Front Desk to request a double bed room. Unfortunately, because there was a big convention in town and because of Halloween, they were fully booked but they were able to come up with a solution that was suitable to us. In fact any time we had a question or request Front Desk always answered it politely and with a smile! The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable, and the location was great . Only a couple of blocks away from the main attraction. Would I stay there again? Yes I would but only if I don't pay full price and I would ask for double bed rooms!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie_Jim
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the constructive feedback! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Wyndham Baronne was absolutely perfect for our Voodoofest weekend. Primarily, location was excellent - just a hop from French Quarter and Canal st. Rooms were clean, but a bit musty and old. Service was EXCELLENT the entire 5 days. Tammy was the best!!! Wasn't loud like everyone else complained about. Air conditioning was fantastic. Cafe downstairs is 24 hours and staffed with fun people. Desk employees were delightful. I will stay here again when in Nola.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having lived in New Orleans while in school I have always found that it is best to stay outside the French Quarter when visiting. The Wyndham has a great location in the Central Business District within a quick walk to the French Quarter and many great restaurants. Upon arrival I checked into my room which I found to be very spacious - I was given a handicap accessible room. I didn't mind the spaciousness of the room, however as a person who is not handicapped I found the bathroom and shower area very inconvenient. The room was very quiet despite having a window on the street side. I was very pleased that there was a small refridgerator in the room which I made full use of. I used the fitness center one morning and found it small but absolutely fine for my purposes - work up a little sweat before indulging in more delicious food. I didn't try the 24 hour diner in the hotel, however I did peruse the menu and it looked like it would probably be good at 2:30 in the morning - I feel asleep quickly full of the flavors of New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
McComb, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I got my room for free with my Wyndham points so it is hard for me to judge on value, BUT I can tell you the highlights are the great tub in the king deluxe room, the entire bathroom was actually really wonderful! Spacious and cute. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful, and the location is pretty good. Just a short walk to places of interest. The sofa bed was really uncomfortable, but the king bed was fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Houston, Texas, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Parking:
We were told that our 2013 Jeep Cheroke would not fit in standard parking. So, we had to park valet, and we were expected to pay the higher price. The average time to have the car brought to the front of the hotel was about 30 minutes, which seems a bit longer than our previous experiences. However, the worst experience was one hour. We requested our car at 5pm in time to drive to and serve in a wedding, and the car did not reach the front of the hotel until 6pm. We asked 3 times about where the car was and even asked if we could go and get it ourselves. This was unacceptable. My husband missed the start of the wedding.
Once, when we requested our car we didn't have the call ticket available, and the staff was rude and acted like it would be a problem getting our car. He then looked down at a sheet in front of him and asked, "White Jeep Cheroke?" Looking down on this sheet instead of reading a ticket that we carried didn't seem like that big of an inconvenience. At least not to warrant the attitude he gave us for not having our call ticket.
The manager did agree to credit the extra $11 charge for valet that we were to incur after I said I would not be paying for that "service."
Service:
PJ's coffee was closed all day on Saturday. The sign reading "will return." No one ever did.
We attempted to eat breakfast at the diner attached to the lobby on Sunday morning. First, the "hostess" ignored us for 5 minutes while she counted her tips, and then pointed us in the direction of where we might sit. She then told us to be patient as there was only one server. We sat unattended for 10 minutes and then got up and left. Unacceptable.
Comfort:
The sheets on the bed were rough and pilling.
The cabinet door to the vanity fell off when we tried to open it.
Overall, our stay was unpleasant and we will never be staying there again.
The bathtub had poor drainage.
For $160/night these basic expectations should be a no brainer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

Though not owner and operated by the hotel, we will be contacting the valet company as well as the cafe and restaurant so they are made aware of these service-related issues for most of our guests have a positive experience and it was unfortunate yours was not.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels