“This hotel is fantastic”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #101 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff was excellent. Kelli went above the help at front desk. The rooms were great anf cleaning staff did an excellent job. It is located at a great place for everything shopping, French Quarter was only a block away. The Casino was at end of street. We left our car in the garage for four days. It was fantastic. Also close to some of the best restraunts. Highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2013
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My spouse and I were recently in New Orleans on vacation. The staff was very helpful. However, Alicia was outstanding X 3. She was very professional and helpful during our entire stay. She called and help coordinate all of our tours. She was so patient and gave details directions for the many places that we visited. The room was nice. It did not have window to see outside, but that was not a problem at all. It is in walking distance to burbon street and the French quarters. The restaraunt connected to the hotel had good food as was very affortable. There is no room for parking, so be prepared to pay for valet parking. I was prepared for this by reading other reviews. I have stayed at nicer hotels but it was not bad for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at the Wyndham on Baronne for one night. Interesting! The hotel wasn't too bad for the price, comparable to La Pavilion... Aged but clean.

The Trip Advisor pictures are misleading... The place is Not lighted as it shows. It's very low lighting in the lobby and atrium and elevator areas of each floor. Their Cafe next door was pretty good food. Staff was friendly.

If you drive anything bigger than a Mini Cooper, though, you might want to think twice about staying here. Their arrival parking flow process needs improvement, but once you get to actually park in the basement, OMG! It's a tight squeeze and obstacle course! If you can get in, that doesn't guarantee you can get out without hitting something. OR get out of your vehicle! We were able to park our small SUV barely, with less than a foot to open the door to exit! Thank goodness for the huge column on the passenger side that allowed my husband to crawl over the console in his suit to exit the vehicle. SMH...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cigi8
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but do apologize for the some of the issues you encountered. In addition to self-parking, we also offer valet parking for larger vehicles. Vehicles such as a Mini Cooper can be accommodated in our self-parking garage. Most guests prefer the convenience of valet parking though there is an additional charge.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel was everything we thought it would be and actually more because of the fantastic staff. We stayed here for a week and had a small problem the 2nd day we were here. We brought it to the manager's attention and he went more then out of his way to make us happy and actually moved us to a suite for the rest of our stay with no charge. Problem was handled fast and professionally and that is the ONLY negative (if you call it that), that we had. The hotel is clean and quite nice for the price I paid. It's close to almost everything and as I said, that staff is wonderful including housekeeping. I can't say enough about how they made our stay great. Beds are very comfortable and the only drawback I can see is if you are claustrophobic as most rooms have no window to the outside, You can, however get one of those for a nominal cost. Thanks to all at the Wyndham. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. It makes all the difference.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lets start with the great. Thank you to Alicia and Michael, both have given great service. I called to see how much it will cost total with the hold of incidentals. Michael was great with assisting me with the actual before my check-in. When my girlfriend and I arrived the location and hotel was great. The point of directions and things to do in the city was just on the one. Everything I wanted to know and do was answered.

Far as another Hotel Manager point of view and not just as a guest. After getting the actual total from the hotel directly it was great. I made sure that I used my credit card because I know how things can be run sometimes just for a little more than what is due. I called and spoke with a young lady and asked how much was a hold for incidentals and was told $25 for the entire stay; witch made me ensure that amount was just enough on my credit card (564.80 total for room and then $25 for extras). I had received a call on the 28th of May and was informed that my card wasn’t getting the auth. for the total. I know it was sold out however my card was just the card to hold the reservation. I understood if I was a no show but not for the entire amount plus of what I knew I had the amount of $590. I then called my bank but doing so looked online and seen an auth. for $250 witch the no show if so was only 158.60. (Everything I am speaking of is all in the changes on my reservation itself since I used Opera PMS for 4yrs). I found that could’ve been a problem if I would’ve had more than what was told to me or if I would have changed a method of payment. However, checked in at 10pm and the agent needed some assistance with finding me the room type (King) after telling them I would arrive later that evening. I then get a handicap King. I walked in the room and everything looks great even with the handicap room just to pull my sheets back with hair. I always check the bed(s) in major cities for BB but to see hair that isn’t ours. AC unit would not go in auto so the AC would run the entire night; then to keep getting up to turn on and off when It got cold or hot. Room had a smell as if we were close to the pool; I reported all my issues the night before and was very respectful and calm. I hate to complain but after asking for a comment card in-house they told me to write it on trip advisor. All I am asking is to fix these issues for the next guest.

Keith J.
Rm (315) May 31-June 4

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but apologize for the some of the issues you encountered before and during your stay with us. Our hotel does preauthorize guests credit cards before arrival to insure they are valid, but it appears yours was preauthorized a higher amount than usual so we do apologize about that. In addition, we will also forward your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance department for the above mentioned issues.