I have been going to New Orleans for the past 15 years and I always stay in hotels in the French Quarter because that way, I can always walk safely to my room.
The thing is that after a day of drinking and having fun, I would almost certainly end up going up Bourbon towards Canal St. to get something to eat (Krystal, Chinese, iHop, etc.) so I said to myself, why not stay on the other side of Canal?
Boy did I make the right call! I arrived at the Wyndham Baronne Plaza on a Tuesday past midnight and the area felt quiet, but safe.
The check in process was spot on and we proceeded to our room in the 5th floor. The hotel has two elevators, but there was never a long waiting time. There are vending machines in each floor which was convenient to get water or soft drinks.
I got an interior room which meant no windows to the outside world, but windows to the hallways. This was a first for me and more because I wake up with sunlight. No biggie but like I said, a first one for me.
The room was clean, spacious, the beds were comfy, the bathroom had a good size and there was a safety deposit box in the closet. I could hardly hear noise coming from the outside so we got good sleep quality.
There are many dinning options around the block, starting with a very nice 24 hour dinner adjacent to the lobby.
To sum it up, this is a hotel I would really recommend because it's like being in the French Quarter without all the hassle. Make no mistake, I still love to stay in the French Quarter but this hotel is a wonderful option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans