“Good location. Dirty Room. Construction outside our...”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #98 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Thai first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been going to New Orleans for the past 15 years and I always stay in hotels in the French Quarter because that way, I can always walk safely to my room.

The thing is that after a day of drinking and having fun, I would almost certainly end up going up Bourbon towards Canal St. to get something to eat (Krystal, Chinese, iHop, etc.) so I said to myself, why not stay on the other side of Canal?

Boy did I make the right call! I arrived at the Wyndham Baronne Plaza on a Tuesday past midnight and the area felt quiet, but safe.

The check in process was spot on and we proceeded to our room in the 5th floor. The hotel has two elevators, but there was never a long waiting time. There are vending machines in each floor which was convenient to get water or soft drinks.

I got an interior room which meant no windows to the outside world, but windows to the hallways. This was a first for me and more because I wake up with sunlight. No biggie but like I said, a first one for me.

The room was clean, spacious, the beds were comfy, the bathroom had a good size and there was a safety deposit box in the closet. I could hardly hear noise coming from the outside so we got good sleep quality.

There are many dinning options around the block, starting with a very nice 24 hour dinner adjacent to the lobby.

To sum it up, this is a hotel I would really recommend because it's like being in the French Quarter without all the hassle. Make no mistake, I still love to stay in the French Quarter but this hotel is a wonderful option.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alberto G
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really appreciate it! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!