“all but a pool but that's cool!!”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #98 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“all but a pool but that's cool!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Some new diner opened up City Diner the country fried steak was great. and a new PJ's coffee..and I could Get my hair done too. They have hair salon in the hotel..Who needs a pool..that would mess up my great hairdo from tbe Blow dry bar...lol

• Stayed April 2013
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Thai first
New York
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel is only 2 blocks from the corner of Bourbon and Canal, so it's a very convenient location. The interior is pretty much new and functional. Good value. The staff were helpful and friendly. Only warning I'd give is that a lot of the rooms don't have windows that face outside -- only a darkish atrium -- and they don't warn you. They switched my room on request though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vermont
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've now stayed at the Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza twice, once for Jazzfest 2013 for only one night, and five nights for Jazzfest 2012. It's a solid four star for me especially for the price.

Pros: great beds and exceptional sheets/duvets. Impressed us both visits. Bathrooms are huge and have both air pump bathtubs and separate showers. Rooms are spacious. Tall ceilings. Nice furnishings and decor. Nice staff. Location is excellent. Baronne intersects Canal Street a block from the hotel. French Quarter, Streetcars for Canal Street and St. Charles are each a block away. Cons: Public Areas are vast but empty, with little seating. Kind of a ghost town. no wall decor or furniture to speak of. There was a mediocre restaurant next door last year that closed, and now someone is going to open up some kind of retro burger joint next door soon. No doubt a concession or maybe even an unrelated tenant but what gives with this lack of food in New Orleans of all places? Coffee shop had almost nothing. Starbucks coffee but with powdered coffee creamer? C'mon. That's the kind of thing that can lose people who spend a lot of time in hotels like I do.

Still, it is really very nice, and the rooms make up for the public areas. Half a block away you can have a Sazerac at thee Roosevelt Hotel and have some tapas or exotic but reasonably priced pizza at a John Besh restaurant, Domenica, both of which I recommend. And the price is usually very fair for a nice hotel in one of my favorite cities in the world. Give it a try.

Room Tip: I like the kings nearer to the rear as opposed to those closer to the front. Not sure why but they s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

During my stay I was very pleased with everything. The front desk clerk Kelli was very professional , very sweet and kind. She took care of all our needs without a doubt. Very happy with my choice of stay. We will be returning again very soon!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank cdm0724
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! Hearing positive feedback such as yours really makes our day! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Maryville
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is kind of a disaster. I stepped into my room and was met with a musty smell and soon had a burning throat from it. After running the air conditioner, it did not improve. The furniture has nicks in it and there are signs of wear and tear everywhere. I called the front desk and asked is there was a different room with less odor. I was told "no, they are 100% full"...and the recommendation is to try again in the morning. I called corporate Wyndham reservations to ask if I could switch to a different Wyndham here in New Orleans. It turns out that Wyndham hotels aren't owned by Wyndham...this is just a franchise scheme so they don't have any kind of control over the local franchises. I made the mistake of pre-paying this visit so now I'm stuck with a 5 night stay in an absolutely dreary place. Oh, by the way, there is no room service and no onsite dining. They forgot to mention that when I made the reservation. Oh, and by the way, the room I am in doesn't actually have a window to the outside world.

Based on my first few hours here, I have told Wyndham that I will never stay at another Wyndham property. I'm typing this on my laptop from my musty smelling room.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BobCMaryville
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels