“Watch out” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Maryville
“Watch out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This place is kind of a disaster. I stepped into my room and was met with a musty smell and soon had a burning throat from it. After running the air conditioner, it did not improve. The furniture has nicks in it and there are signs of wear and tear everywhere. I called the front desk and asked is there was a different room with less odor. I was told "no, they are 100% full"...and the recommendation is to try again in the morning. I called corporate Wyndham reservations to ask if I could switch to a different Wyndham here in New Orleans. It turns out that Wyndham hotels aren't owned by Wyndham...this is just a franchise scheme so they don't have any kind of control over the local franchises. I made the mistake of pre-paying this visit so now I'm stuck with a 5 night stay in an absolutely dreary place. Oh, by the way, there is no room service and no onsite dining. They forgot to mention that when I made the reservation. Oh, and by the way, the room I am in doesn't actually have a window to the outside world.

Based on my first few hours here, I have told Wyndham that I will never stay at another Wyndham property. I'm typing this on my laptop from my musty smelling room.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BobCMaryville
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Thai first
Gilbert, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very clean, perfect location, walking distance to almost everything. No bar or restaurant in hotel except for small coffee shop, but they are remodeling so should be something in hotel soon.
When we first arrived hotel was pretty quiet but on weekend kids running up and down halls. I heard it was spring break. Staff was very friendly and suggested very good places for us to eat. Food everywhere was fantastic! Had a wonderful time...New Orleans is one of a kind!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have windows. Ask for one when checking in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
South Daytona, Florida, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is one of many stays I have had with Wyndham and like a Hampton Inn is very consistant with good quality

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Jacksonville, Ar,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was very disappointed this hotel did not offer a continental breakfast. Instead they offered a small coffee shop with a limited menu. We had to walk several blocks for breakfast. The staff was excellent and location was also excellent. The hotel needs some updating but was still a nice place to stay. I would recommend it if your in New Orleans and want to be close to the French Quarter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your stay was overall satisfactory, but we will still pass along those few noticeable shortcomings to our staff members.

Just a side note, the restaurant space that is located right off the hotel's lobby is re-opening soon and under new ownership.