This place is kind of a disaster. I stepped into my room and was met with a musty smell and soon had a burning throat from it. After running the air conditioner, it did not improve. The furniture has nicks in it and there are signs of wear and tear everywhere. I called the front desk and asked is there was a different room with less odor. I was told "no, they are 100% full"...and the recommendation is to try again in the morning. I called corporate Wyndham reservations to ask if I could switch to a different Wyndham here in New Orleans. It turns out that Wyndham hotels aren't owned by Wyndham...this is just a franchise scheme so they don't have any kind of control over the local franchises. I made the mistake of pre-paying this visit so now I'm stuck with a 5 night stay in an absolutely dreary place. Oh, by the way, there is no room service and no onsite dining. They forgot to mention that when I made the reservation. Oh, and by the way, the room I am in doesn't actually have a window to the outside world.
Based on my first few hours here, I have told Wyndham that I will never stay at another Wyndham property. I'm typing this on my laptop from my musty smelling room.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans