“Very nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #96 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pros:
Location, desk staff, room quality
Close to many things! Felt safe. Front desk staff was great (especially Deidre). Room was renovated and lovely/huge and clean!
Restaurant downstairs was a diner that was open 24 hours.

Cons:
Charged our card instead of Priceline (so we were double-charged), but fixed it when I brought it to their attention. What if I did not notice though? That bothers me.
Room had no window to exterior. Was a concern for fire safety and depressing to not see outside.
Was walked-in on by the assistant general manager. We were hanging out and he just knocked and quickly used a master key to walk in. It was a mistake as he thought we were checked out (we had one more night) and he also deactivated our key mistakenly, too.
The public spaces in the hotel, specifically the hallways outside the rooms and furniture outside the rooms appeared consistently dirty. This didn't bother me as much because the room was super clean.

Anyway, I probably won't stay here again unless I was guaranteed that I got a room with an exterior window on a high floor. But it was definitely was an average to good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside window!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Its_Kristy
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if your stay was not 100% satisfactory for we do value your business and strive to ensure every guest experience is positive.

We will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff members so we can make the necessary changes and hopefully, win back your business in the future.
Pau, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just arrived tonight and I am so disappointed I am writing this review right away! This is the worse of all Wyndhams we stayed in so far.

Pros: -the beds, as all Wyndhams, are very comfortable;
- they provide in-room safe box, which a lot of hotels neglect to provide;
- location is great;
- the room is ok size with nice desk and an armchair;
- it is quiet.

Cons: - I saw people complain about internal room, but I did not realized almost half the hotel has internal window rooms! On our arrival we learned that ALL king bed rooms were internal. If I knew that ahead of time I would have never stayed here.
- they opened a diner downstairs (recently, from what I understand), and the whole lobby, all the way to the 5th floor smells like greasy fried food, in fact the smell is so strong that it even permeates the room and I hate smell of food in my bedroom;
- because it's an internal room the lighting is very poor;
- generally walking around I noticed that a lot of streets smell like sewer, and I can smell it a little in our bathroom.
- the parking garage is tight (it's not a big problem for us since we spend a lot of time in Europe and are used to tight parking), but if you have a larger car or are not used to it, you may consider parking somewhere else.

Genrally speaking, I would not stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ncantell
WL-DHR, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

We wish you would have informed our staff at check-in time of your concerns. Unfortunately, the hotel staff can not assist if we are uninformed.
Carmel, Indiana, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Overall simply average. Room was 1970 with poor work space and lighting, antiquated HVAC, and very limted electrical outlets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank Jeffry W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us. We would respond in more detail, but the room number you listed is not a room number available at our property.