“Refreshing stay in every way, surprising luxury” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #99 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ft. Collins, CO
“Refreshing stay in every way, surprising luxury”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

During a recent New Orleans visit, I shared a room at Baronne Plaza with my dad. It was a large, comfortable room, with an excellent TV, and the most comfortable bedding I can recall. Full, clean, fresh down comforters, outstanding pillows, a luxuriant bathroom, and a superb AC/heater system made this hotel worth the stay. Location was top notch, although not directly in the French Quarter. Very nice stay, incredibly enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Thai first
Matlock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

It's a hotel with nothing to rave or complain about. We were denied a late check-out but they did store our bags for us until our flight left early evening.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WpgMBMatlock_Canada
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Is the first time in my life that I stayed in a ho tel that they haven make my room with the excuse t hat the housekeeper already left. I leave my room at 12:30 pm and returned at 6:00pm and they didnt do the cleaning of my room and I request the servi ce and the reception told me the cant do it. Is un believable this happen to me in the hotel, and th e even worse I request clean towels and they they told me the cant either send me the clean towels. The worse hote experience ever in my life.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eduardo C
Dear Eduardo C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if you were not satisfied with your stay with us. After researching your information with our Housekeeping department, we did not find any record of complaint during your stay with us. Furthermore, our housekeeping department does service each guestroom so long as a Do Not Disturb sign is not placed outside the door.

We will forward your comments to our management staff and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Please contact us at (504) 522-0083 if there is anything else we can do to win back you business!

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Pass Christian, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We got a junior suite with a king bed. Very quiet room with a comfortable bed. Great location, near the uptown parades, near the Quarter and one block from Canal. The staff was great and helpfull to the guest. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: You can park at Tulane just a couple of blocks away for 6 dollars a day.
1 Thank GCTiger
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful 5 star review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night and I was very happy with the hotel. It's about a block from Bourbon St., but very quiet. The hotel allowed us to check in early and check out late, a major plus!! The staff was very friendly and made the stay comfortable. We were given a room with a view of Canal St. However, many room have an interior view (windows face inside the hotel). There is only a sushi restaurant inside the hotel, but there's plenty of variety within walking distance. There was no fridge in each room, but we brought a cooler and ice machines are conveniently located on each floor. I would highly recommend this hotel as an alternative to Wyndham Chateau Bourbon which is currently under construction. You won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank lisalashe
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Danville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We arrived in the New Orleans area through Chalmetta and saw a mass of damage still remaining after Katrina. But, when we arrived at our hotel, which had been flooded during the hurricane, we found a magnificant facility. Ever inch of the hotel had been remodeled and the atrium/lobby was beautiful. The staff was great, starting at the curb, to the desk, to the room, to the on site parking and to every staff member. This is truly a class act in the Big Easy. Signs in the city say "'Dat' Tourist is Important" and at the Wyndham Barrone Garden Plaza they really follow that sloggan and mean it.

Room Tip: If you want a fabilous hotel experience in downtown New Orleans, this is it......
1 Thank Rod B
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the fabulous review! We really appreciate your feedback and can not thank you enough for your patronage. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I don't think that this location lives up to the Wyndham name. I stayed in an interior room (view from my only window was the hallway). My duvet cover had crusty yellow stains on it when I arrived. I requested for it to be changed while I was out and they were prompt about getting it done. That cleanliness issue made me uneasy about the rest of my stay. My air conditioner was noisy. Hotel parking is $30/day for valet and self parking is $20. But it is on par for the other hotels in the area. The best part of this hotel is the location. It is within walking distance from everything we wanted to see (WW2 Museum, Riverwalk, French Quarter, etc.) Unfortuantely I would not stay here again because I felt like it was less than what I expect from a Wyndham and was not a clean as I would have liked it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that actually looks outside (if there even is one).
1 Thank Alana Y
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with us. Would you be so kind to state your exact reservation dates and the name the reservation was under? We would like to research this issue further with our housekeeping department so any information you provide would be most helpful. Please contact us at (504) 522-0083 if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable!