Away from the crowds of the french quarter this was a perfect location, easily accessible to the street cars and an easy walk to Bourbon Street and the rest of the french quarter.
When we checked in there was no king room available, so we ended up with a double room. The room was facing the street and a loading dock of the hotel across the street so it was very loud during the night and early morning. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was great. Two days in we asked if a king had become available and sure enough it did and we were able to switch rooms. All king rooms are located on the inside of the building so the window does not face outside, which is something I usually hate, but the room was so quiet that it was a great trade off. The king room was slightly smaller than the double room, but just as comfortable.
Free Wi-Fi is a plus. There is a little cafe in the lobby that brews Starbucks coffee (but it is not actually a Starbucks), the coffee was good and they had some fruit and yogurt you can buy. However on the corner there is a Subway so you could get a cheap egg sandwich for a quick bite.
The staff was friendly and helpful and they will hold your luggage for you once you check out if you have time before heading to the airport. It was a great place to stay and I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans