“a little bit of luxury for less”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #99 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ocean Grove, Australia
“a little bit of luxury for less”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I booked through Travelocity and was able to get the Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza for a good price. We were looking for something mid price and good location, this hotel was perfect. Only blocks from French Quarter everything was within walking distance.

We were lucky that we got a room on the 5 floor with an exterior window so the room was bright and quiet. The hotel use to be a shopping plaza so half of the rooms have windows that face the open foyer area inside.

The beds were big and very comfortable with good section of pillows. All of the staff were very friendly and happy to store our bags on the last day and call a taxi for us to go to the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
On behalf of our entire staff, thank so much for the wonderful 5 star review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Thai first
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was my second time staying at this hotel the hospitality and service was great. The first time was with a group of women for a girls weekend and the second visit in August was with a group of couples. The location for both occasions was really awesome. I would definately stay here over and over again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsIndependent433
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
On behalf of our entire staff, thank so much for the "awesome" 5 star review! We appreciate your continuing patronage so if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (---------)!
Wyoming, Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The staff is what made this hotel work. The hotel does need some updating and fixing. It was clean and neat, the price was really good. It was quiet. My only complaint is incidental charges. I had to valet park due to no self parking left. I was charged $30 per night even though I did not use my car while I stayed there. I could understand being charged once or if I took the car out. I just though $60 for parking for two night was expensive. They did not notify me per night. I thought it was one time if I did not move my car. I did know the charge for microwave and refrig was $10 a night. I just wish it was included with the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear dsully1021,

Thank you for posting a review on your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. Our apologies if there was some miscommunication about the parking charges. Our front desk is trained to notify all guests of the daily parking charges and we have placed a sign in the designated area so at check-in time, guests are made aware in advance. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Please contact us at 504-522-0083 if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I recently stayed here and I couldn't have been more pleased. The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and we lucked out by having a room with an exterior window. It is conveniently located 2 blocks from Bourbon St. When booking, I debated on staying closer into the French Quarter and even contemplated staying on Bourbon St., glad I didn't. Everything is within walking distance and to be quite honest, EVERYONE in New Orleans walks from place to place. Some of the Riverwalk and further down Decatur st. activities are a walk, but there are plenty of local shops and monuments to admire. Staff was great and very helpful. Always greeted us whether we were leaving or returning from the day/night. The cafe is a great place to stop by and grab a quick bite before leaving for the day.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior window room. I stayed on the 5th floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leo D
On behalf of our entire staff, thank so much for the wonderful 5 star review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!
Scott, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff at this hotel was extremely nice!! All the night crew helped us!! We had many questions and they were always willing to help!! The room was extremely clean! we have stayed in many hotels in this area and by far this was the nicest.. was also nice that you could hook up games, dvd player to the tv... very nice for kids.. we will definatly staying here for future trips

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just got back from a family trip to New Orleans. Stayed at the Wyndham Baronne Plaza July 29 through August 5th. The hotel is conveniently located about two blocks from the french quarter. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
Half of the rooms in the hotel do not have an exterior view. They have windows that look out into the interior corridors. If this is a problem for you, I would recommend that you call the hotel prior you your stay and request a room with an exterior view.
Rooms are of an average size but well appointed. Our room had two double beds with a chair and ottoman. Also had a desk & desk chair. The beds were comfortable with luxurious linens. The room had a wall mounted flat panel TV with a good selection of channels.
The bathroom was clean with updated vanity with a granite top and granite tile tub surround and floor. One thing "quirky" about the shower is that when taking a shower, the water would stop flowing for a couple of seconds mid way through and restarts. Kind of weird but not a problem. Actually got a chuckle out of it.
Hotel has free wireless internet that we took advantage of. Had no issues with download speeds or connecting.
Hotel has onsite underground parking for a $20 daily fee. Would have been nice if this was included in the room rate.
The hotel does not offer complementary breakfast in the morning. Something I think that they should consider. There is a place in the lobby where you can purchase quick breakfast items though (coffee,bagels, danish, cereal etc...) We stopped there one morning for a quick bite and it met our needs.
There also is Japanese Sushi restaurant off the lobby. We did not eat there so I won't comment.
Overall our stay was enjoyable and would consider staying again if we were to visit New Orleans in the future.

Room Tip: Call to request a room with an exteriorview prior to you arrival.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gmc82661
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you return to New Orleans so contact us again (504-522-0083) if you need any further assistance with booking your reservations with us!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The staff was friendly right off the bat. As I was puuting money in the parking meter, one of the valets caught my attention to inform me that I did not have to pay for parking after 6pm, then he showed me where I could move my car for cheap parking in th morning. The concierge was very knowledgeable about the pricing to expect at each restaurant that he suggested. Towels were big and fluffy and the beds were super comfortable. Great location for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, August 8, 2011