This was our first time staying at a Wyndham hotel so expectations may have been too high. We tried to check in at 3:00 but the room wasn’t ready so we sat down in the lobby. There is a coffee stand in the lobby so my wife walked over to buy a bottle of water. The woman at the counter told her that she was closed. I would run into the same problem the next morning when I was on my way out to play golf. I came down to the lobby and while I was waiting for a taxi I walked over and asked if the coffee was ready and the woman said we are not open yet. Not that the coffee wasn’t ready but she wasn’t going to sell me a cup before 7:00.
The first thing we noticed was one of the lights in the bathroom wasn’t working. The second was that there were a few little pieces of paper by the mirror in the room. This is significant because when we left five days later the little pieces of paper were still there. On the second day I went to the front desk and told them about the light in the bathroom since housekeeping had been in there twice and hadn’t changed the bulb. They sent someone to change it. I also needed a box of Kleenex since the one in the room was empty. On the third day we put the sign on our bed asking for the sheets to be changed, it wasn’t done. But they did leave the sign.
One day I went to the front desks to get directions to a restaurant that was near by and the lady at the front desk told me that she wished she could give me a map but they had run out of them a few days ago. It was a series of little things like that which led to a negative review.
My point is that this is a nice building and the location is ideal, two blocks from the French Quarter, and the staff over all was friendly, but the housekeeping was just not good. It wasn’t an awful experience, it just wasn’t good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the best 3 star hotel accomodations in downtown New Orleans. What are you waiting for?! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baronne Plaza New Orleans
- Hotel Baronne Plaza
- Baronne Hotel New Orleans